What can I do with the source code? - PGP

This is a discussion on What can I do with the source code? - PGP ; Every so many years I come back to this NG, in order to check the status of PGP. I began clicking at www.pgpi.org and was sent to www.pgp.com where I found a beta 9 and source code. BTW: my current ...

  1. What can I do with the source code?

    Every so many years I come back to this NG, in order to check the
    status of PGP. I began clicking at www.pgpi.org and was sent to
    www.pgp.com where I found a beta 9 and source code.

    BTW: my current interest is in the Windows XP version only.

    What's exactly the purpose and capabilities of the Win XP source code?
    Was it published just for "peer review"? Can users compile it without
    too much trouble? With what compiler/IDE? Once compiled, what version
    will I have? The "personal" minimal version?

    Thanks for your kind assistance.

    -Ramon F Herrera

  2. Re: What can I do with the source code?

    On 8 May 2005 17:39:51 -0700, "Ramon F Herrera" wrote:

    >Every so many years I come back to this NG, in order to check the
    >status of PGP. I began clicking at www.pgpi.org and was sent to
    >www.pgp.com where I found a beta 9 and source code.
    >
    >BTW: my current interest is in the Windows XP version only.
    >
    >What's exactly the purpose and capabilities of the Win XP source code?
    >Was it published just for "peer review"? Can users compile it without
    >too much trouble? With what compiler/IDE? Once compiled, what version
    >will I have? The "personal" minimal version?
    >
    >Thanks for your kind assistance.
    >
    >-Ramon F Herrera

    It's published for peer review. The EULA specifically prohibits using the
    compiled versions.

    I'm not 100% positive, but I belive the source contains everything.

    As for how to compile it, no idea.

+ Reply to Thread