New GPG explorer extension front end - GPGee 0.2 - PGP

This is a discussion on New GPG explorer extension front end - GPGee 0.2 - PGP ; I've written a new Windows explorer extension front end for gpg. I know that Timo has winfpse, and somewhere out there is gpgsx. But as I've never been able to find gpgsx nor get winfpse to work, I figured I'd ...

  1. New GPG explorer extension front end - GPGee 0.2

    I've written a new Windows explorer extension front end for gpg. I know
    that Timo has winfpse, and somewhere out there is gpgsx. But as I've
    never been able to find gpgsx nor get winfpse to work, I figured I'd
    take a stab at it. I've always wanted an excuse to write an Explorer
    extension anyways. Oh, and it's released under the GPL of course.

    The program is called "GPGee" (GPG Explorer Extension). Say that ginal
    "Gee" just like you'd say "Golly Gee Wiz".

    Right now it signs, encrypts (public and symmetric), or both. No verify
    yet. This was more a proof-of-concept version than anything final, but
    it does have a couple useful features:
    - Installer - no registering or manual installation needed.
    - Will sign and/or encrypt multiple files at once. Just select multiple
    files in Explorer, and right-click on them all.
    - A single unified window that has all the settings for all operations.
    Picking "Sign" from the menu sets the defaults, but you're not limited
    to signing, you can still change to encryption. Ever pick the wrong
    setting from a right-click context menu? Well, now you can just roll
    with it.

    Source and installer are available from:
    http://www.excelcia.org/modules.php?...download&cid=1

    Thanks goes to the GPGME team and Timo Shulz for his "MyGPGME" version,
    which is what I used for the back-end communication to GPG. In case
    anyone ever has wanted to use Borland's C++ Builder to write GPG front
    ends/plugins/etc, I ported Timo's MyGPGME to compile on C++ Builder.
    The source for GPGee has that with it.

  2. Re: New GPG explorer extension front end - GPGee 0.2

    "Kurt Fitzner (kfitzner at excelcia period org)"
    wrote in

    > I've written a new Windows explorer extension front end for
    > gpg. I know that Timo has winfpse, and somewhere out there
    > is gpgsx. But as I've never been able to find gpgsx nor
    > get winfpse to work, I figured I'd take a stab at it. I've
    > always wanted an excuse to write an Explorer extension
    > anyways. Oh, and it's released under the GPL of course.
    >
    > The program is called "GPGee" (GPG Explorer Extension).
    > Say that ginal "Gee" just like you'd say "Golly Gee Wiz".
    >

    > Right now it signs, encrypts (public and symmetric), or
    > both. No verify yet. This was more a proof-of-concept
    > version than anything final, but it does have a couple
    > useful features: - Installer - no registering or manual
    > installation needed. - Will sign and/or encrypt multiple
    > files at once. Just select multiple files in Explorer, and
    > right-click on them all. - A single unified window that has
    > all the settings for all operations.
    > Picking "Sign" from the menu sets the defaults, but you're
    > not limited
    > to signing, you can still change to encryption. Ever pick
    > the wrong setting from a right-click context menu? Well,
    > now you can just roll with it.
    >
    > Source and installer are available from:
    > http://www.excelcia.org/modules.php?...oads&d_op=view
    > download&cid=1
    >
    > Thanks goes to the GPGME team and Timo Shulz for his
    > "MyGPGME" version, which is what I used for the back-end
    > communication to GPG. In case anyone ever has wanted to
    > use Borland's C++ Builder to write GPG front
    > ends/plugins/etc, I ported Timo's MyGPGME to compile on C++
    > Builder. The source for GPGee has that with it.

    Hi,

    Are there any restrictions/min. requirements, e.g., windoze
    version, IE ver., etc.?

    TIA

    Replies to: Nherr1professor2doktor31109(at)Oyahoo(dot)Tcom

  3. Re: New GPG explorer extension front end - GPGee 0.2

    me@tadyatam.invalid wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Are there any restrictions/min. requirements, e.g., windoze
    > version, IE ver., etc.?

    Should run on any modern version of Windows - Win98 through XP. I think
    it will work on NT 4 with service pack 6a or better, but I'm not
    completely sure about that. It will on 2000 for sure. As to versions
    of GPG, any 1.2+ version should work ok. GPG does have to be set up
    properly with the correct registry entries. As long as that is gone,
    then the other requirements are pretty light.

    This is still "in development" - not really a production quality
    offering yet. That being said, it should be quite usable. It has an
    installer/uninstaller, so you can ditch it if there are problems.

    Kurt.

  4. Re: New GPG explorer extension front end - GPGee 0.2

    > me@tadyatam.invalid wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Are there any restrictions/min. requirements, e.g.,
    >> windoze version, IE ver., etc.?

    > Should run on any modern version of Windows - Win98 through
    > XP. I think it will work on NT 4 with service pack 6a or
    > better, but I'm not completely sure about that. It will on
    > 2000 for sure. As to versions of GPG, any 1.2+ version
    > should work ok. GPG does have to be set up properly with
    > the correct registry entries. As long as that is gone,
    > then the other requirements are pretty light.
    >
    > This is still "in development" - not really a production
    > quality offering yet. That being said, it should be quite
    > usable. It has an installer/uninstaller, so you can ditch
    > it if there are problems.
    >
    > Kurt.

    Kurt,

    Thanks. I use GPG v1.2.5 under W95 with several DLL's from later
    Windows ("upgraded" as needed for "W98+ required" app's).

    I'll let you know (can't say when, tho; up to my neck at the
    moment).

    Replies to: Nherr1professor2doktor31109(at)Oyahoo(dot)Tcom

+ Reply to Thread