any way to "unwipe" in v. 8 for Mac? - PGP

This is a discussion on any way to "unwipe" in v. 8 for Mac? - PGP ; I was deleting some files in a alias folder on my Finder (desktop). I grouped them together and expected a "wipe" that would take a while, so I didn't really pay attention as the files were wiped. To my surprise ...

  1. any way to "unwipe" in v. 8 for Mac?

    I was deleting some files in a alias folder on my Finder (desktop). I grouped
    them together and expected a "wipe" that would take a while, so I didn't really
    pay attention as the files were wiped. To my surprise "wipe" had wiped away
    the whole folder! Is there any way I can get it back? Why did this happen? I
    am sure the whole folder was not selected; I was choosing files to wipe from
    within the open folder window - how could it just wipe the whole original
    folder?

  2. Re: any way to "unwipe" in v. 8 for Mac?

    Krousehouse writes:

    > Is there any way I can get it back?

    If there were a way to get it back, it wouldn't really be a "wipe,"
    would it?

    You can always restore the folder from your backups.

  3. Re: any way to "unwipe" in v. 8 for Mac?

  4. Re: any way to "unwipe" in v. 8 for Mac?

    Krousehouse wrote...
    > I was deleting some files in a alias folder on my Finder (desktop). I grouped
    > them together and expected a "wipe" that would take a while, so I didn't really
    > pay attention as the files were wiped. To my surprise "wipe" had wiped away
    > the whole folder! Is there any way I can get it back? Why did this happen? I
    > am sure the whole folder was not selected; I was choosing files to wipe from
    > within the open folder window - how could it just wipe the whole original
    > folder?

    Not an answer to your problem (one would hope your files have actually been
    wiped), but a tale from the world of Windows.

    If you tell PGP to wipe a shortcut (link) to a file or folder, it will wipe the
    entire file or folder proper, and leave the (now worthless) link behind.

    That's why there's a confirmation box.

+ Reply to Thread