HELP! - Forgot -sort of - my passphrase for a phpdisk - PGP

This is a discussion on HELP! - Forgot -sort of - my passphrase for a phpdisk - PGP ; I'm not sure if there's a utility out there or a way to go about this but here's my situation. Several years ago I created a pgp disk and burned it onto a CD (using version 6.5.3). Now, I'm attempting ...

  1. HELP! - Forgot -sort of - my passphrase for a phpdisk

    I'm not sure if there's a utility out there or a way to go about this
    but here's my situation.

    Several years ago I created a pgp disk and burned it onto a CD (using
    version 6.5.3). Now, I'm attempting to mount the volume off the CD
    using ver 8.0.3.

    As a contingency, I wrote down the passphrase someplace safe and sure
    enough after all this time I forgot what it was. Now the problem is
    that I wrote it down wrong. I am positive that about 99% of what I
    wrote down is correct, however I think that I screwed up with the
    placement of a "space" or something to that effect. Let's say my
    passphase consists of the characters "bigstupid123dog" and in that
    order. Is there any utity out there that I could use to, "try
    insterting a 'space' systematically thoughout the phrase" or "instert a
    'space' and change all 'i's to 'e's"?

    I really hope there is... really REALLY hope.

    Thanks

  2. Re: HELP! - Forgot -sort of - my passphrase for a phpdisk

  3. Re: HELP! - Forgot -sort of - my passphrase for a phpdisk

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 06:11:26 GMT, Monkey Mike
    wrote:

    > Is there any utity out there that I could use to, "try
    >insterting a 'space' systematically thoughout the phrase" or "instert a
    >'space' and change all 'i's to 'e's"?

    Why would you change and i to an e? Usually an i is changed to a one
    and an e a 3. So it would be b1gstup1d123dog.

+ Reply to Thread