Two accounts, one public facing, other private - PGP

This is a discussion on Two accounts, one public facing, other private - PGP ; This message is probably unnecessary because I already know the answer.... but I may be wrong, so a brief response s'il-vous-plait. I have two email accounts, say; X@privatename.com and Y@publicname.com I use PGP (currently have 8.0.2) and these accounts and ...

  1. Two accounts, one public facing, other private

    This message is probably unnecessary because I already know the
    answer.... but I may be wrong, so a brief response s'il-vous-plait.

    I have two email accounts, say; X@privatename.com and
    Y@publicname.com

    I use PGP (currently have 8.0.2) and these accounts and their
    associated public/private keys are for different purposes. The former
    X@private account is to be hidden from the outside world, its keys and
    email address are to be secret.

    The Y@publicname account is the opposite, it is to be published on
    keyserver.pgp.com and everyone is to be encouraged to send messages
    there.

    If both accounts' details and public/private keys are kept on the same
    keyring on the same computer, is there any risk of "bleed" from one
    account to the other? i.e. could the X@private account details
    (including public key and email address) be computed from the Y@public
    details, given enough compute time? this is obviously if the X@private
    account is not published on the server, but the Y@public is

    I would guess the answer is obviously no, because they are disjoint,
    but perhaps a brief response to set my mind at rest on this one.

  2. Re: Two accounts, one public facing, other private

+ Reply to Thread