signing a file - not encrypted - PGP

This is a discussion on signing a file - not encrypted - PGP ; Hi, I originally posted this question to comp.unix.questions, but relealised that this group is the right. How do I sign a file without encypting it I want to ftp some files internally across to another country within our company network, ...

  1. signing a file - not encrypted

    Hi,
    I originally posted this question to comp.unix.questions, but
    relealised that this group is the right.

    How do I sign a file without encypting it I want to ftp some files
    internally across to another country within our company network, I
    thought it would be good to check the signatures against the files,
    once they have ariived.

    thanks
    Peter

  2. signing a file using PGP 8.0.3

    Using PGP 8.0.3, I pull up the PGP mail tray and use the "Sign" option by
    itself, not the encrypt and sign option.

    "Peter Sands" wrote in message
    news:6b009995.0412011227.26333cbd@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi,
    > I originally posted this question to comp.unix.questions, but
    > relealised that this group is the right.
    >
    > How do I sign a file without encypting it I want to ftp some files
    > internally across to another country within our company network, I
    > thought it would be good to check the signatures against the files,
    > once they have ariived.
    >
    > thanks
    > Peter

  3. Re: signing a file - not encrypted