PGP 6.5.8 not working under NT scheduler - PGP

This is a discussion on PGP 6.5.8 not working under NT scheduler - PGP ; Hi, I sifted through the archives but couldn't find a solution. I have a vbscript that decrypts some PGP files. PGP was installed under the administer account. It runs fine interactive, but not from the scheduler. My script sets all ...

  1. PGP 6.5.8 not working under NT scheduler

    Hi,
    I sifted through the archives but couldn't find a solution. I have
    a vbscript that decrypts some PGP files. PGP was installed under the
    administer account. It runs fine interactive, but not from the
    scheduler. My script sets all the needed environmental variables. I
    have run it with the scheduler running under system authority, I have
    also tried to run it with the scheduler service running under the
    Administer user id (since that was the id that installed PGP).

    It still errors out, Does anyone have a solution for this?

    Does anyone have this working, and if so what version PGP and what
    windows OS are you running it under?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: PGP 6.5.8 not working under NT scheduler

    I found the answer so here it is for anyone else who has this problem.

    PGP command line running in the scheduler could not find the keys (even
    though PGPPATH was set to the proper path.

    I had to create a pgp.cfg file that contained the lines
    PUBRING=C:\WINNT\Profiles\Administrator\Applicatio n
    Data\PGP\pubring.pkr
    SECRING=C:\WINNT\Profiles\Administrator\Applicatio n
    Data\PGP\secring.skr

    to tell pgp where the keys were.

    I then put the pgp.cfg file into

    C:\WINNT\Profiles\Default User\Application Data\PGP\

    Even though pgp was installed under Administrator, and the NT scheduler
    was being run under the Administrator profile it had to be in the
    default user directory.

    Stan Poliskey wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I sifted through the archives but couldn't find a solution. I

    have
    > a vbscript that decrypts some PGP files. PGP was installed under the
    > administer account. It runs fine interactive, but not from the
    > scheduler. My script sets all the needed environmental variables.

    > have run it with the scheduler running under system authority, I have
    > also tried to run it with the scheduler service running under the
    > Administer user id (since that was the id that installed PGP).
    >
    > It still errors out, Does anyone have a solution for this?
    >
    > Does anyone have this working, and if so what version PGP and what
    > windows OS are you running it under?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

+ Reply to Thread