HKP Protocol Specification - PGP

This is a discussion on HKP Protocol Specification - PGP ; Could someone please point me to the specification of the HKP protocol? .... unless there is a more widely used protocol around to talk to key servers? Thanks, Bruce...

  1. HKP Protocol Specification

    Could someone please point me to the specification of the HKP protocol?

    .... unless there is a more widely used protocol around to talk to key
    servers?

    Thanks,
    Bruce

  2. Re: HKP Protocol Specification

    Bruce Badger writes:

    >Could someone please point me to the specification of the HKP protocol?

    Sure, there are a number of C specifications available, GPG is probably the
    easiest one to get.

    Peter.

  3. Re: HKP Protocol Specification

    On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 05:29:34 +0000, Peter Gutmann wrote:

    > Bruce Badger writes:
    >
    >>Could someone please point me to the specification of the HKP protocol?

    > Sure, there are a number of C specifications available, GPG is probably the
    > easiest one to get.

    OK, so if I understand you correctly, you are saying there is no RFC-like
    written specification. The only way to understand the protocol is to read
    code that implements it.

    Is that right?

+ Reply to Thread