Elliptic Curve public key support in PGP 8.1? - PGP

This is a discussion on Elliptic Curve public key support in PGP 8.1? - PGP ; There apparently exists Elliptic Curve public key support in the PGP 8.1 source code. From what I can tell, the keys display as blue, as opposed to gold for DH/DSS and silver for RSA. As I don't have the tools ...

  1. Elliptic Curve public key support in PGP 8.1?

    There apparently exists Elliptic Curve public key support in the
    PGP 8.1 source code.

    From what I can tell, the keys display as blue, as opposed to gold
    for DH/DSS and silver for RSA.

    As I don't have the tools to do so, perhaps somebody can enable the
    EC flag and compile PGP 8.1 from the source.

    Perhaps something can be done about the license key as well.

    Sure, anybody who posts the results of their experiments on the web
    runs the risk of catching hell from PGP Inc., but that's what Freenet
    is for.

  2. Re: Elliptic Curve public key support in PGP 8.1?

+ Reply to Thread