PGP Decrypt - PGP

This is a discussion on PGP Decrypt - PGP ; I was wondering if I can use PGP freeware or commercial versions to decrypt a file that has been encrypted by another program, not PGP. I would like to be able to encrypt a file on Windows CE .Net (using ...

  1. PGP Decrypt

    I was wondering if I can use PGP freeware or commercial versions to decrypt
    a file that has been encrypted by another program, not PGP.

    I would like to be able to encrypt a file on Windows CE .Net (using the
    CryptoAPI) and transfer the encrypted file to another system running PGP
    and then be able to decrypt the file with PGP.

    Thanks

  2. Re: PGP Decrypt

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:24:43 +0200, "Gerson and Michelle Levitz"
    wrote:

    >I was wondering if I can use PGP freeware or commercial versions to decrypt
    >a file that has been encrypted by another program, not PGP.
    >
    >I would like to be able to encrypt a file on Windows CE .Net (using the
    >CryptoAPI) and transfer the encrypted file to another system running PGP
    >and then be able to decrypt the file with PGP.
    >
    >Thanks

    it doesn't work like that. pgp/gpg decrypt files encrypted with pgp/gpg. period.
    end of story

    there's a lot more to encryption that just the algorythm that was used.

+ Reply to Thread