Encrypt entire HDD and store key on USB pendrive? - PGP

This is a discussion on Encrypt entire HDD and store key on USB pendrive? - PGP ; Hi! Im asking for you help about the following question: Is there a way to encrypt the ENTIRE harddisk and store the key on a Pendrive? It would be also very important: 1) To have real time encoding - to ...

  1. Encrypt entire HDD and store key on USB pendrive?

    Hi!

    Im asking for you help about the following question:

    Is there a way to encrypt the ENTIRE harddisk and store the key on a
    Pendrive? It would be also very important:

    1) To have real time encoding - to make sure I do not have to wait
    hours every time I log my computer on.

    2) And I am looking for something that can me implemented into the
    booting procedures:

    For example while computer and Windows is booting, it asks me to
    insert pendrive with key on it into the USB port OR my computer will
    be absolutely useless.

    Im sure this possible but I have no clue which program can do this for
    me?

    ANY help would be appreciated!

    Thank a lot in advance!

  2. Re: Encrypt entire HDD and store key on USB pendrive?

    http://www.securstar.com/products_drivecryptpp.php

    "LordSharatan" wrote in message
    news:e269343c.0410150939.29e63413@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi!
    >
    > Im asking for you help about the following question:
    >
    > Is there a way to encrypt the ENTIRE harddisk and store the key on a
    > Pendrive? It would be also very important:
    >
    > 1) To have real time encoding - to make sure I do not have to wait
    > hours every time I log my computer on.
    >
    > 2) And I am looking for something that can me implemented into the
    > booting procedures:
    >
    > For example while computer and Windows is booting, it asks me to
    > insert pendrive with key on it into the USB port OR my computer will
    > be absolutely useless.
    >
    > Im sure this possible but I have no clue which program can do this for
    > me?
    >
    > ANY help would be appreciated!
    >
    > Thank a lot in advance!

  3. Re: Encrypt entire HDD and store key on USB pendrive?

+ Reply to Thread