GnuPG question: What's the difference between... - PGP

This is a discussion on GnuPG question: What's the difference between... - PGP ; The options "--default-key" and "--local-user", when used in command line and an option file? And... The key usage of "to certify" and "to authenticate? Many many thanks! -- Zuxy Beauty is truth, While truth is beauty....

  1. GnuPG question: What's the difference between...

    --
    Zuxy
    Beauty is truth,

  2. Re: GnuPG question: What's the difference between...

    --
    vote for regime change in Washington, Nov 02.

  3. Re: GnuPG question: What's the difference between...

    gpg --edit-key

    In the "usage" item, "E" for encryption, "S" for signing, "C" for
    certification and "A" for authentification. I use gnupg 1.3.90.

    Thank you.

    --
    Zuxy
    Beauty is truth,

    "Neil W Rickert" 写入消息新闻:cju7pp$gcr$1@usenet.cso.niu.edu...

    --
    vote for regime change in Washington, Nov 02.

  5. Re: GnuPG question: What's the difference between...

    In comp.security.pgp.discuss Neil W Rickert wrote:

    > "Zuxy" writes:
    >>The key usage of "to certify" and "to authenticate?

    > "certify" is normally used when you sign another key.
    >
    > I'm not sure where you are seeing "authenticate".

    It's a GnuPG 1.4 thing, currently visible in the 1.3.90 beta. It is a
    key flag that indicates a key may be used for authentication (say, if
    you wanted to use your OpenPGP key for SSH or the like).

    David

  6. Re: GnuPG question: What's the difference between...

    Neil W Rickert wrote:

    > I see the announcement for 1.3.90, but I cannot find the sources.

    Try this.

    server:anoncvs@cvs.gnupg.org:2401/cvs/gnupg

    Module is gnupg, branch is HEAD.

    This will get you the latest and greatest.

+ Reply to Thread