PGP 8.1 and PGP 6.5.1 compatibility - PGP

This is a discussion on PGP 8.1 and PGP 6.5.1 compatibility - PGP ; Hello all! I have PGP8.1 on a XP Home and PGP 6.5.1 on Windows98se, LAN connected. Fron the XP machine, I can't uncript a file cripted on the w98 machine It says: "..your keyring doesnot contain usable private key corresponding ...

  1. PGP 8.1 and PGP 6.5.1 compatibility

    Hello all!
    I have PGP8.1 on a XP Home and PGP 6.5.1 on Windows98se, LAN connected.
    Fron the XP machine, I can't uncript a file cripted on the w98 machine
    It says: "..your keyring doesnot contain usable private key corresponding to the
    above public key"
    According to PGPkeys, I have a key with the same name ( I have imported it from
    the w98 machine). I noticed that import/export functions never care about
    public/private.. It looks like one can only export public key.
    Any bypass ?
    Thanks!!

  2. Re: PGP 8.1 and PGP 6.5.1 compatibility

    RizAmer wrote:

    > I have PGP8.1 on a XP Home and PGP 6.5.1 on Windows98se, LAN
    > connected. Fron the XP machine, I can't uncript a file cripted on the
    > w98 machine It says: "..your keyring doesnot contain usable private
    > key corresponding to the above public key"
    > According to PGPkeys, I have a key with the same name ( I have
    > imported it from the w98 machine). I noticed that import/export
    > functions never care about public/private.. It looks like one can only
    > export public key. Any bypass ?

    Did you check the box "Export private key" when you exported the key on
    the machine that had both private and public key?

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    I'm easy to please as long as I get my way

  3. Re: PGP 8.1 and PGP 6.5.1 compatibility

    29 Sep 2004 17:53:19 GMT, aut: Juergen Nieveler

    >RizAmer wrote:
    >
    >> I have PGP8.1 on a XP Home and PGP 6.5.1 on Windows98se, LAN
    >> connected. Fron the XP machine, I can't uncript a file cripted on the
    >> w98 machine It says: "..your keyring doesnot contain usable private
    >> key corresponding to the above public key"
    >> According to PGPkeys, I have a key with the same name ( I have
    >> imported it from the w98 machine). I noticed that import/export
    >> functions never care about public/private.. It looks like one can only
    >> export public key. Any bypass ?

    >Did you check the box "Export private key" when you exported the key on
    >the machine that had both private and public key?

    Many thanks! I didnt noticed that. It's time to go to bed...

+ Reply to Thread