DriveCrypt versus DriveCrypt Plus Pak - PGP

This is a discussion on DriveCrypt versus DriveCrypt Plus Pak - PGP ; I thought my question would be easily answered at http://www.securstar.com but, reading their FAQs didn't help. Thanks for your assistance in advance! Does the DriveCrypt Plus Pak contain a full version of DriveCrypt within it? Do I need to buy ...

  1. DriveCrypt versus DriveCrypt Plus Pak

    I thought my question would be easily answered at http://www.securstar.com
    but, reading their FAQs didn't help. Thanks for your assistance in advance!

    Does the DriveCrypt Plus Pak contain a full version of DriveCrypt within it?
    Do I need to buy both to get both entire HardDrive/OS real-time encryption
    and additional Partition/Virtual Drive/vault encryption?

    On a shared Laptop, DriveCrypt Plus Pak would allow a group of users to be
    protected if the laptop was stolen. Can we all share a single copy of
    DriveCrypt to protect each users own data separately?

    I should note that the usage of these tools would be both on a portable
    laptop which is shared among people at work who travel and, individual
    desktop computers at work and at home which are dedicated to single primary
    user.

    Finally, I should note that we are beginning to use PGP Disk but, reading
    the Security and Encryption FAQ - Revision 18.2 has me considering whether
    we have the protection we need.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: DriveCrypt versus DriveCrypt Plus Pak

    "Anonymous" wrote in message news:Fl_2d.319310$Oi.164922@fed1read04...
    |I thought my question would be easily answered at http://www.securstar.com
    | but, reading their FAQs didn't help. Thanks for your assistance in advance!
    |
    | Does the DriveCrypt Plus Pak contain a full version of DriveCrypt within it?

    No

    | Do I need to buy both to get both entire HardDrive/OS real-time encryption
    | and additional Partition/Virtual Drive/vault encryption?

    Yes

    | On a shared Laptop, DriveCrypt Plus Pak would allow a group of users to be
    | protected if the laptop was stolen. Can we all share a single copy of
    | DriveCrypt to protect each users own data separately?

    Only if each persons data is in a different partition or volume, I think.

    | I should note that the usage of these tools would be both on a portable
    | laptop which is shared among people at work who travel and, individual
    | desktop computers at work and at home which are dedicated to single primary
    | user.
    |
    | Finally, I should note that we are beginning to use PGP Disk but, reading
    | the Security and Encryption FAQ - Revision 18.2 has me considering whether
    | we have the protection we need.
    |
    | Thanks!

    Get the trial version and try it out, that's the best way to work things out... hands-on :-)

    Regards.

  3. Thank you!

    Thanks for the assistance!

+ Reply to Thread