PGP 6.5.8 problem on Linux 2.4.22 with environment variables (PGPPATH, HOME) - PGP

This is a discussion on PGP 6.5.8 problem on Linux 2.4.22 with environment variables (PGPPATH, HOME) - PGP ; I am using two linux boxes with identically configured PGP 6.5.8 On the first, setting PGPPATH works and the keyring is found (or I can use a keyring in .pgp off $HOME) On the second machine, running a slightly newer ...

  1. PGP 6.5.8 problem on Linux 2.4.22 with environment variables (PGPPATH, HOME)

    I am using two linux boxes with identically configured PGP 6.5.8

    On the first, setting PGPPATH works and the keyring is found (or I can
    use a keyring in .pgp off $HOME)

    On the second machine, running a slightly newer version of Linux, PGP
    6.5.8 seems to be unable to get the environment variables (either
    PGPPATH or even HOME). The only way I can get pgp to work is passing
    the path to the keyfile on the command line, but not all commands take
    that parameter.

    All directory permissions are the same on both machines, and as I've
    said passing the keyfile parameter works.

    Is there a problem with environment variables in some versions of
    Linux? (at least the way pgp 6.5.8 tries to read them?)

    The error messages are along the lines of "Can't open key rings" or
    "Kegen error" etc since pgp is probably trying to write to the root of
    the server instead of $HOME.

  2. Re: PGP 6.5.8 problem on Linux 2.4.22 with environment variables (PGPPATH, HOME)

+ Reply to Thread