New to this newsgroup - PGP

This is a discussion on New to this newsgroup - PGP ; Hello everyone. Longtime net/usenet user, new to this ng. I'm using PGP version 6.5.8 and its working fine. What I don't know is if this older version is b/w compatible with newer versions. I'm sure I'm going to learn a ...

  1. New to this newsgroup

    Hello everyone. Longtime net/usenet user, new to this ng.
    I'm using PGP version 6.5.8 and its working fine. What I don't know
    is if this older version is b/w compatible with newer versions. I'm
    sure I'm going to learn a lot from reading this ng. Thanks everyone.

    Michael J. Klein mklein@mousepotato.com
    Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
    Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings

  2. Re: New to this newsgroup

    In article <79o1k0dtggosdq7kbk3vijegs9bn05akku@4ax.com>, mklein@mousepotato.com says...
    > Hello everyone. Longtime net/usenet user, new to this ng.
    > I'm using PGP version 6.5.8 and its working fine. What I don't know
    > is if this older version is b/w compatible with newer versions. I'm
    > sure I'm going to learn a lot from reading this ng. Thanks everyone.
    >
    > Michael J. Klein mklein@mousepotato.com
    > Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
    > Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings

    Take a look at:
    https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/pgp-summ.htm

  3. Re: New to this newsgroup

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:48:50 GMT, Casey wrote:

    >In article <79o1k0dtggosdq7kbk3vijegs9bn05akku@4ax.com>, mklein@mousepotato.com says...
    >> Hello everyone. Longtime net/usenet user, new to this ng.
    >> I'm using PGP version 6.5.8 and its working fine. What I don't know
    >> is if this older version is b/w compatible with newer versions. I'm
    >> sure I'm going to learn a lot from reading this ng. Thanks everyone.
    >>
    >> Michael J. Klein mklein@mousepotato.com
    >> Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
    >> Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings
    >>

    >Take a look at:
    >https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/pgp-summ.htm

    I read the chart and I do not understand it.

    Michael J. Klein mklein@mousepotato.com
    Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
    Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings

  4. Re: New to this newsgroup

    In article
    Michael J. Klein wrote:

    > On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:48:50 GMT, Casey wrote:
    >
    > >In article <79o1k0dtggosdq7kbk3vijegs9bn05akku@4ax.com>, mklein@mousepotato.com says...
    > >> Hello everyone. Longtime net/usenet user, new to this ng.
    > >> I'm using PGP version 6.5.8 and its working fine. What I don't know
    > >> is if this older version is b/w compatible with newer versions. I'm
    > >> sure I'm going to learn a lot from reading this ng. Thanks everyone.
    > >>

    > >Take a look at:
    > >https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/pgp-summ.htm

    Ah... the beauty of the Internet! Thanks to that link, I found
    another link to completely uninstall PGP 6.5.8ckt beta 09 -
    something that I wanted to do a few days ago.

  5. Re: New to this newsgroup

    In article <4fa8b794c414b6cd8311bd8928a6526b@firenze.linux.it>, comesefosse@ntani.firenze.linux.it
    says...
    > In article
    > Michael J. Klein wrote:
    > >
    > > On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:48:50 GMT, Casey wrote:
    > >
    > > >In article <79o1k0dtggosdq7kbk3vijegs9bn05akku@4ax.com>, mklein@mousepotato.com says...
    > > >>
    > > >Take a look at:
    > > >https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/pgp-summ.htm

    > Ah... the beauty of the Internet! Thanks to that link, I found
    > another link to completely uninstall PGP 6.5.8ckt beta 09 -
    > something that I wanted to do a few days ago.

    Hi, is there some particular problem uninstalling
    6.5.8ckt beta 09? If so, please post the link to info
    on how to. I am running beta 09 and was not aware of a
    problem.
    Thanks
    Casey

  6. Re: New to this newsgroup

    In article
    Casey wrote:
    > Hi, is there some particular problem uninstalling
    > 6.5.8ckt beta 09? If so, please post the link to info
    > on how to. I am running beta 09 and was not aware of a
    > problem.

    Neither was I, until I experienced it. Please see this link:

    https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/fixes.htm#ckt-un

  7. Re: New to this newsgroup

    In article <6ad773fce49a470f227e6b1421e26a51@mail.futureworlds .it>, nobody@mail.futureworlds.it
    says...
    > In article
    > Casey wrote:
    > > Hi, is there some particular problem uninstalling
    > > 6.5.8ckt beta 09? If so, please post the link to info
    > > on how to. I am running beta 09 and was not aware of a
    > > problem.

    > Neither was I, until I experienced it. Please see this link:
    >
    > https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/fixes.htm#ckt-un

    Thanks but all i could get at the link was 404--Not Found
    Casey

  8. Re: New to this newsgroup

  9. Re: New to this newsgroup

    In article , news@DELETE_THISmccune.cc says...