Fingerprint - PGP

This is a discussion on Fingerprint - PGP ; Hello, I'm an Australian computer expert and I have been trying to implement tighter security on my PC. I am trying to clean up an Australian site, aus.culture.true-blue and to do this I post my own FAQ weekly. I begin ...

  1. Fingerprint

    Hello,

    I'm an Australian computer expert and I have been trying
    to implement tighter security on my PC.

    I am trying to clean up an Australian site, aus.culture.true-blue
    and to do this I post my own FAQ weekly.

    I begin my posts like this:

    Welcome to the Che Guano FAQ, which attempts to answer questions about
    the main cause of the disruption and befoulment of the Usenet newsgroup
    -----

    I copied that from "Internet Security, a Primer".

    Someone mailed me and said that I needed to "fingerprint"
    my files. I don't understand. Do I get my fingerprints scanned
    and store them as a graphics file (like PNG) and attach them
    to my mail? Where in PGP are these binary files stored?

    Also, is it possible to moderate a newsgroup without having
    permission from aus.admin?

    Thanks in advance,

    Ned
    --
    True Blue FAQ:

  2. Re: Fingerprint

    In article <6eb67cde.0408300036.4c3c5a14@posting.google.com>, Ned
    wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm an Australian computer expert and I have been trying
    > to implement tighter security on my PC.

    Hang on. John Howard is the bloke giving Australia a bad name. Don't
    you start too.

    > I am trying to clean up an Australian site, aus.culture.true-blue
    > and to do this I post my own FAQ weekly.
    >
    > I begin my posts like this:

    > Welcome to the Che Guano FAQ, which attempts to answer questions about
    > the main cause of the disruption and befoulment of the Usenet newsgroup
    > -----
    >
    > I copied that from "Internet Security, a Primer".
    >
    > Someone mailed me and said that I needed to "fingerprint"
    > my files. I don't understand. Do I get my fingerprints scanned
    > and store them as a graphics file (like PNG) and attach them
    > to my mail? Where in PGP are these binary files stored?

    You *are* coming the raw prawn right?
    If not, break the habit of a lifetime and read the doco that came with
    your PGP.

    > Also, is it possible to moderate a newsgroup without having
    > permission from aus.admin?

    Start here:
    http://www.landfield.com/usenet/moderators/handbook/

    strewth!

    --
    I thought I would be the last on earth to mung my e-mail address.
    fsnospam$elliott$$

+ Reply to Thread