KeyRing file path keeps vanishing - PGP

This is a discussion on KeyRing file path keeps vanishing - PGP ; I've got a friend with a strange issue and I figured I'd start here for a solution. He started with PGP v6.85 but apparently it did not support PGPDisk, so he uninstalled, then installed v6.02. Now, when he goes to ...

  1. KeyRing file path keeps vanishing

    I've got a friend with a strange issue and I figured I'd start here for
    a solution.

    He started with PGP v6.85 but apparently it did not support PGPDisk, so
    he uninstalled, then installed v6.02.
    Now, when he goes to PGP Options|Files, the paths to the keys are
    missing. Also when attempting to load the PGPKeys GUI, it will first
    prompt him for the path to his keyring (the same window under
    Options|Files. Once he points it to the keys, everything works fine.
    But if he closes the keys window and reopens it, it again prompts for
    the path.
    More Weirdness: If he tries to mount a PGPDisk, it does not ask for the
    path to the keys, it simply asks for his passphrase (as if it knows the
    path to the keys), and then it mounts.

    Any thoughts?

  2. Re: KeyRing file path keeps vanishing

+ Reply to Thread