Is PGP/MIME alive? - PGP

This is a discussion on Is PGP/MIME alive? - PGP ; Hello, All! Does anybody know, if there exists a mailer which does use PGP/MIME standard as described in RFC 3156 ("MIME Security with OpenPGP")? As we have investigated, the PGP plugin for Outlook Express and the Bat simply encrypts the ...

  1. Is PGP/MIME alive?

    Hello, All!

    Does anybody know, if there exists a mailer which does use PGP/MIME standard as described in RFC 3156 ("MIME Security with OpenPGP")?

    As we have investigated, the PGP plugin for Outlook Express and the Bat simply encrypts the source message and replaces it with armoured encrypted message, leaving the original content-type (text/plain or text/html). However, this approach is not enough acceptable, as it does not allow us to encrypt attachments. The PGP/MIME approach is preferrable, as it allows to encrypt/sign any properly constructed MIME entity.

    Thank you.

    Sincerely yours,
    Innokentiy

  2. Re: Is PGP/MIME alive?

    Take a look at

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:30:22 +0300, "Innokentiy"
    wrote:

    > Hello, All!
    >
    > Does anybody know, if there exists a mailer which does use PGP/MIME standard as described in RFC 3156 ("MIME Security with OpenPGP")?
    >
    > As we have investigated, the PGP plugin for Outlook Express and the Bat simply encrypts the source message and replaces it with armoured encrypted message, leaving the original content-type (text/plain or text/html). However, this approach is not enough acceptable, as it does not allow us to encrypt attachments. The PGP/MIME approach is preferrable, as it allows to encrypt/sign any properly constructed MIME entity.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Sincerely yours,
    > Innokentiy

    Michael

    --
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:

  3. Re: Is PGP/MIME alive?

    Hello!
    You wrote on Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:10:35 +0200:

    MW> Take a look at

    Thank you very much! That's exactly what we need!

    Sincerely yours,
    Innokentiy

  4. Re: Is PGP/MIME alive?

    In article ,
    Innokentiy wrote:
    >SGVsbG8sIEFsbCENCg0KRG9lcyBhbnlib2R5IGtub3csIGlmIH RoZXJlIGV4aXN0cyBhIG1haWxl
    >ciB3aGljaCBkb2VzIHVzZSBQR1AvTUlNRSBzdGFuZGFyZCBhcy BkZXNjcmliZWQgaW4gUkZDIDMx
    >NTYgKCJNSU1FIFNlY3VyaXR5IHdpdGggT3BlblBHUCIpPyANCg 0KQXMgd2UgaGF2ZSBpbnZlc3Rp
    >Z2F0ZWQsIHRoZSBQR1AgcGx1Z2luIGZvciBPdXRsb29rIEV4cH Jlc3MgYW5kIHRoZSBCYXQgc2lt
    >cGx5IGVuY3J5cHRzIHRoZSBzb3VyY2UgbWVzc2FnZSBhbmQgcm VwbGFjZXMgaXQgd2l0aCBhcm1v
    >dXJlZCBlbmNyeXB0ZWQgbWVzc2FnZSwgbGVhdmluZyB0aGUgb3 JpZ2luYWwgY29udGVudC10eXBl
    >ICh0ZXh0L3BsYWluIG9yIHRleHQvaHRtbCkuIEhvd2V2ZXIsIH RoaXMgYXBwcm9hY2ggaXMgbm90
    >IGVub3VnaCBhY2NlcHRhYmxlLCBhcyBpdCBkb2VzIG5vdCBhbG xvdyB1cyB0byBlbmNyeXB0IGF0
    >dGFjaG1lbnRzLiBUaGUgUEdQL01JTUUgYXBwcm9hY2ggaXMgcH JlZmVycmFibGUsIGFzIGl0IGFs
    >bG93cyB0byBlbmNyeXB0L3NpZ24gYW55IHByb3Blcmx5IGNvbn N0cnVjdGVkIE1JTUUgZW50aXR5
    >Lg0KDQpUaGFuayB5b3UuDQoNClNpbmNlcmVseSB5b3VycywNCk lubm9rZW50aXk=

    Please change your news software so that normal people without toy news
    readers can see your posting.

    --
    Gregory Pratt usenet@gp.users.panix.com (forwarded to /dev/null)
    "The only good spammer is a dead spammer."

  5. Re: Is PGP/MIME alive?

    On 16 Aug 2004 19:01:46 -0400, usenet@gp.users.panix.com (Greg Pratt)
    wrote:

    > Please change your news software so that normal people without toy news
    > readers can see your posting.

    Come on, Base64 is really plain standard encoding for MIME conformant
    messages - obviously *you* are the one who's up to change! Or shall we all
    stay with a C64 commandline interface on your behalf?

    Michael

    --
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:

  6. Re: Is PGP/MIME alive?

    Hello!
    You wrote on 16 Aug 2004 19:01:46 -0400:

    GP> Please change your news software so that normal people without toy news

    Real coders code in 1 and 0? Time to upgrade your punched card news
    software...

    With best regards,
    Eugene Mayevski

  7. Re: Is PGP/MIME alive?

  8. Re: Is PGP/MIME alive?

    "Eugene Mayevski" wrote in message :
    > Real coders code in 1 and 0? Time to upgrade your punched card news
    > software...

    Oh, a troll!

    I'd like to say that people with obsolete software holding back modern
    and useful sandards are very annoying, _but_ posting plain text in
    base64 can by no way be considered as modern and useful: perharps it's
    modern, but it's quite useless, compared to posting in us-ascii or 8bit.
    It is even harful, since the BASE64-encoded message is 37% bigger than
    the unencoded version.

    Oops, I think I stepped on it...

+ Reply to Thread