PGP Automatic CLI Decrypt - PGP

This is a discussion on PGP Automatic CLI Decrypt - PGP ; Hello I have tried PGP Command line and here i have a password feature so i can decrypt files with a batch file. Does anyone know if there are any GNU utilities that have same feature or GNUPG??? /Jacob...

  1. PGP Automatic CLI Decrypt

    Hello

    I have tried PGP Command line and here i have a password feature so i can
    decrypt files with a batch file. Does anyone know if there are any GNU
    utilities that have same feature or GNUPG???

    /Jacob

  2. Re: PGP Automatic CLI Decrypt

  3. Re: PGP Automatic CLI Decrypt

  4. Re: PGP Automatic CLI Decrypt

    Hello Guy

    i wouldn't work.. Maybe a typo from me???

    What version do you use?

    I use gnupg-w32cli-1.2.5..

    /Jacob
    "Guy" wrote in message
    news:9541B31FFC52B2E284CEEC009E394A9D7@127.0.0.1.. .

  5. Re: PGP Automatic CLI Decrypt

    Jacob wrote:

    > i wouldn't work.. Maybe a typo from me???
    >
    > What version do you use?
    >
    > I use gnupg-w32cli-1.2.5..

    Jacob,

    I use gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.3-nr1 so DL'd gnupg-w32cli-1.2.5 to see the
    difference. In reviewing the gpg.man page and gpg -help I see that
    some options are changed between versions. However none apply to the
    command I provided. Here is a example using the same GPG version you.

    Perhaps obvious but I ...

    o renamed gpg.exe to xgpg.exe
    o added -v (--verbose) to show details even with --batch
    o --decrypt is not necessary(although valid) in v1.2.5

    R>xgpg --version
    gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.5
    This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

    Home: D:/GNUPG
    Supported algorithms:
    Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG
    Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
    Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB

    R>echo this is cleartext > infile

    R>echo the passphrase| xgpg --passphrase-fd 0 --batch -o outfile -v -c infile
    gpg: using cipher 3DES
    gpg: writing to `outfile'

    R>del infile | ren outfile infile

    R>echo the passphrase| xgpg --passphrase-fd 0 --batch --output outfile -v infile

    gpg: 3DES encrypted data
    gpg: encrypted with 1 passphrase
    gpg: original file name='infile'
    gpg: WARNING: message was not integrity protected

    R>type outfile
    this is cleartext

    > Guy wrote:

    >>> echo passphrase| gpg --passphrase-fd 0 --batch --output outfile --decrypt infile
    >>>
    >>> No space after "passphrase". Spaces are allowed in "passphrase".
    >>> fd 0 <- that is a zero

    - --
    Regards,
    Guy

    [Updated: 4/29/2004]

  6. Re: PGP Automatic CLI Decrypt

    Hey

    It is working now.. Wov.. Thanks for the help... I used the help on the site
    and that didn't describe batch as the man pages did..

    Thank again

    /Jacob

    "Guy" wrote in message
    news:9542DA6405ECF2E284CEEC009E394A9D7@127.0.0.1.. .

    > Jacob wrote:
    >
    >> i wouldn't work.. Maybe a typo from me???
    >>
    >> What version do you use?
    >>
    >> I use gnupg-w32cli-1.2.5..
    >>

    > Jacob,
    >
    > I use gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.3-nr1 so DL'd gnupg-w32cli-1.2.5 to see the
    > difference. In reviewing the gpg.man page and gpg -help I see that
    > some options are changed between versions. However none apply to the
    > command I provided. Here is a example using the same GPG version you.
    >
    > Perhaps obvious but I ...
    >
    > o renamed gpg.exe to xgpg.exe
    > o added -v (--verbose) to show details even with --batch
    > o --decrypt is not necessary(although valid) in v1.2.5
    >
    > R>xgpg --version
    > gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.5
    > This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    > under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.
    >
    > Home: D:/GNUPG
    > Supported algorithms:
    > Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG
    > Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
    > Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB
    >
    > R>echo this is cleartext > infile
    >
    > R>echo the passphrase| xgpg --passphrase-fd 0 --batch -o outfile -v -c
    > infile
    > gpg: using cipher 3DES
    > gpg: writing to `outfile'
    >
    > R>del infile | ren outfile infile
    >
    > R>echo the passphrase| xgpg --passphrase-fd 0 --batch --output outfile -v
    > infile
    >
    > gpg: 3DES encrypted data
    > gpg: encrypted with 1 passphrase
    > gpg: original file name='infile'
    > gpg: WARNING: message was not integrity protected
    >
    > R>type outfile
    > this is cleartext

    > - --
    > Regards,