ADK Question - PGP

This is a discussion on ADK Question - PGP ; Please see the last bullet under my . Does anyone know if the code in PGP has been changed to reflect the document? That is, if the checkbox is checked, do I get a warning whenever I encrypt to a ...

  1. ADK Question

    Please see the last bullet under my
    .

    Does anyone know if the code in PGP has been changed to reflect the
    document? That is, if the checkbox is checked, do I get a warning
    whenever I encrypt to a key that points to an ADK? Or is the
    User's Guide still wrong and I still get the warning only when the
    ADK itself is not on my keyring?

    --

    David E. Ross

    complies with Web standards. See .

  2. Re: ADK Question

  3. Re: ADK Question

    Guy wrote:

    > I previously wrote:
    >
    > > Please see the last bullet under my
    > > .
    > >
    > > Does anyone know if the code in PGP has been changed to reflect the
    > > document? That is, if the checkbox is checked, do I get a warning
    > > whenever I encrypt to a key that points to an ADK? Or is the
    > > User's Guide still wrong and I still get the warning only when the
    > > ADK itself is not on my keyring?
    > >

    > Did you try the keys available here
    > (via linking from the ADK Bug Info, by Jim Willingham on your page):
    >
    > KEY-EXPERIMENTS
    >
    > - How PGP Deals With Manipulated Keys -
    > An Experimental Approach by
    > Ralf Senderek August 2000
    >

    > The Keys for Experiments
    >
    > You can also use this file containing all the keys and their
    > documentation.

    Thanks. I was being a bit lazy.

    I ran a test. The checkbox now (PGP 8.03) means what the User's
    Guide says: Even if you already have both a public key with an ADK
    flag and its ADK on your keyring, you do get a warning.

    --

    David E. Ross

    complies with Web standards. See .

+ Reply to Thread