PKS generated different key id, screwed up ! - PGP

This is a discussion on PKS generated different key id, screwed up ! - PGP ; Hello, I've recently added a new UID to my key and posted the pub keys to a SKS (PKS rejects it because of a photo id). However, it now appears on PKS systems (due to server sync. I guess) with ...

  1. PKS generated different key id, screwed up !

    Hello,
    I've recently added a new UID to my key and posted the pub keys to a SKS
    (PKS rejects it because of a photo id).
    However, it now appears on PKS systems (due to server sync. I guess)
    with a different key id (0x2634EBCF), and the one with correct id
    (0xB824F550) does not reflect my recent UID:
    http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net:11371/pks/...rch=0xB824F550
    http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net:11371/pks/...rch=0x2634EBCF

    Things are OK on SKS:
    http://wwwkeys.cz.pgp.net:11371/pks/...rch=0xB824F550

    Is there a way to resolve this?

    --
    A. Alper Atici OpenPGP KeyID: 0xB824F550

  2. Re: PKS generated different key id, screwed up !

    A. Alper ATICI wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I've recently added a new UID to my key and posted the pub keys to a SKS
    > (PKS rejects it because of a photo id).
    > However, it now appears on PKS systems (due to server sync. I guess)
    > with a different key id (0x2634EBCF), and the one with correct id
    > (0xB824F550) does not reflect my recent UID:
    > http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net:11371/pks/...rch=0xB824F550
    > http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net:11371/pks/...rch=0x2634EBCF
    >
    > Things are OK on SKS:
    > http://wwwkeys.cz.pgp.net:11371/pks/...rch=0xB824F550
    >
    > Is there a way to resolve this?

    There is a very long explanation for what you see (you are using a V4
    RSA key, and there are historical bugs with PKS due to that). The
    bottom line is just ignore it. In general, don't use PKS, but in this
    particular case it's harmless.

    David

+ Reply to Thread