GnuGP hang - PGP

This is a discussion on GnuGP hang - PGP ; I posted earlier about not being able to generate the key pair with gpg. The SA group reinstalled the software and this fixed the problem. Now the next stop. I'm trying to sign a public key that was given to ...

  1. GnuGP hang

    I posted earlier about not being able to generate the key pair with gpg.
    The SA group reinstalled the software and this fixed the problem. Now the
    next stop. I'm trying to sign a public key that was given to me. gpg asks
    for random keyboard input.....but ultimately does nothing.

    I decided to encrypt a test file. It confirms I want to use an unsigned key
    then asks for more random characters. Same problem as before...I type but
    it never moves past this step. Any ideas?

    TIA,
    Scott

    Screen output below:

    -------------
    It is NOT certain that the key belongs to the person named
    in the user ID. If you *really* know what you are doing,
    you may answer the next question with yes

    Use this key anyway? yes

    Not enough random bytes available. Please do some other work to give
    the OS a chance to collect more entropy! (Need 16 more bytes)
    dfgfdlkgffg98fg
    dfgkljsfgkjsdfg9sfdgkljsfg98kljfgsdfg98kj
    jklfdjsg98kljfdg098df98dg
    dfkjdlfg908098dfg
    dfgkjldgd0-g89d0g80dfg

  2. Re: GnuGP hang