Sync'ing with Server - Why - PGP

This is a discussion on Sync'ing with Server - Why - PGP ; I have PGP 8.0.3 on Windows 2000. When I send a message with Outlook Express to someone (who's public key I already have - signed and trusted), PGP will go out to the servers to search for a match (with ...

  1. Sync'ing with Server - Why

    I have PGP 8.0.3 on Windows 2000.

    When I send a message with Outlook Express to someone (who's public
    key I already have - signed and trusted), PGP will go out to the
    servers to search for a match (with the simulated greeen LEDs bouncing
    back and forth).

    Why does it do this if I already have the recipients keys?

    If I click Cancel, PGP will show my public key ring and give me the
    option of dragging keys down to the recipients list. It will also show
    an unknown recipient (no match -- with a red question mark). How do I
    trouble shoot this to understand why the recipient has no match?

    My co-worker, who seems to have identical PGP settings (but uses
    Outlook, not Outlook Express) does not seem to have these problems.

    Any help will be appreciated!

    -- Clint
    -- clint@robotic.com

  2. Re: Sync'ing with Server - Why

  3. Re: Sync'ing with Server - Why

    Are you sure you have a perfect match between the user ID on your
    keyring and the address in the message? Check not only the E-mail
    address itself, but also the name. You might even check for
    differences in extra spaces.

    is not the same as "David Ross"
    . The latter includes my name.

    Similarly, "David Ross" is not the same as
    "David E. Ross" . The latter includes my
    middle initial.

    --

    David E. Ross

    complies with Web standards. See .