HELP: Used ALT+12 as part of passphrase... - PGP

This is a discussion on HELP: Used ALT+12 as part of passphrase... - PGP ; Hello, I used the ALT+12 key as on of my passphrase to encrypt a bunch of files, that computer died and I have a new one, it doesn't accept the ALT+12 character. What do I do??? Any help would be ...

  1. HELP: Used ALT+12 as part of passphrase...

    Hello,

    I used the ALT+12 key as on of my passphrase to encrypt a bunch of
    files, that computer died and I have a new one, it doesn't accept the
    ALT+12 character.

    What do I do???

    I have use pgp for the last 12 years and haave not had this problem
    until now...

    dave

  2. Re: HELP: Used ALT+12 as part of passphrase...

    dave wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I used the ALT+12 key as on of my passphrase to encrypt a bunch of
    > files, that computer died and I have a new one, it doesn't accept the
    > ALT+12 character.
    >
    > What do I do???
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    >
    > I have use pgp for the last 12 years and haave not had this problem
    > until now...
    >
    > dave

    Borrow someone elses computer. Or maybe try using an old keyboard, I
    have experience that might help.

    --
    Hans Fleischmann

    hansi@stack.trash-nl