GnuGP and Key Creation - PGP

This is a discussion on GnuGP and Key Creation - PGP ; I'm trying to generate a key on my AIX UNIX server. GnuGP v1.2.1 When asked to collect more entropy, I type random characters....and I type....and I type....and I type. It says it only needs 120 more bytes. GnuGP never comes ...

  1. GnuGP and Key Creation

    I'm trying to generate a key on my AIX UNIX server. GnuGP v1.2.1
    When asked to collect more entropy, I type random characters....and I
    type....and I type....and I type.

    It says it only needs 120 more bytes. GnuGP never comes back. I have to
    CTRL-C out.

    I found some docs that say it takes a long time if you are a remote user.
    How long? Hours? Days? I don't have access to the actual server so I'm
    using telnet.

    Any ideas?

    TIA:
    Scott