converting from PGP to GPG under Windows - PGP

This is a discussion on converting from PGP to GPG under Windows - PGP ; Not sure which newsgroups this is relevant to, feel free to drop any that aren't relevant. Okay, currently using PGPFreeware under a couple of different machines, under a couple of different OS versions. PGP 6.5.8 under one machine running Windows ...

  1. converting from PGP to GPG under Windows

    Not sure which newsgroups this is relevant to, feel free to drop any that
    aren't relevant.

    Okay, currently using PGPFreeware under a couple of different machines,
    under a couple of different OS versions. PGP 6.5.8 under one machine running
    Windows 2000, while using PGP 8.0.3 under Windows XP on another machine.

    I'm trying to switch over GPG on the XP machine only, through the Windows
    Privacy Tools package. The GPG comes with a free plugin for Outlook Express,
    which PGP 8.x no longer does. This version of WinPT comes with GPG version
    1.2.1.

    So I'm trying to import my old PGP keys into GPG. I export my own private
    and public keys from PGP to an *.asc file, and then I try to import the
    *.asc into GPG. GPG comes back with an "invalid packet" error when it tries
    to import.

    Any idea what's going on?

    Yousuf Khan

    --
    Humans: contact me at ykhan at rogers dot com
    Spambots: just reply to this email address ;-)

  2. Re: converting from PGP to GPG under Windows

  3. Re: converting from PGP to GPG under Windows

    Neil W Rickert wrote in

    This works for importing from PGP 2.6.3 to gnupg 1.2.4:

    gpg --import "X:\ wherever \pgp\pubring.PGP"
    gpg --import "X:\ wherever \PGP\SECRING.PGP"

    The quotes are needed only if the path isn't 8.3.

    Replies to: Njk04s_130_p(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom

+ Reply to Thread