Just how secure is PGP? - PGP

This is a discussion on Just how secure is PGP? - PGP ; Reading the Usenet groups you see threads about back doors in PGP. Can it be read by the security services? Have back doors been left in the program so that the likes of the NASA can read what people are ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

  1. Just how secure is PGP?

    Reading the Usenet groups you see threads about back doors in PGP. Can
    it be read by the security services? Have back doors been left in the
    program so that the likes of the NASA can read what people are posting
    in say alt.anonymous.messages?

  2. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    On 6 Jun 2004, yardleymj@yahoo.ca (Michael Yardley) wrote:
    >Reading the Usenet groups you see threads about back doors in PGP. Can
    >it be read by the security services? Have back doors been left in the
    >program so that the likes of the NASA can read what people are posting
    >in say alt.anonymous.messages?

    No. There are plenty of morons who attempt to spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty
    and Doubt) among the newbies, but there are no backdoors in PGP. There are
    no secret govenrment keys, no hidden algorithms.

    The source code is freely available, and is covered in excruciating detail
    by any number of security experts and programmers hoping to get global
    recognition by finding a weakness and publishing it.

    Provided the user uses a decent passphrase, and takes precautions against
    keyloggers and other "password grabbers", anything secured by PGP is secure
    well beyond the users lifetime.

  3. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

  4. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    Tom McCune writes:

    ]yardleymj@yahoo.ca (Michael Yardley) wrote in
    ]news:858bd3a9.0406061139.4c951c68@posting.google.c om:

    ]> Reading the Usenet groups you see threads about back doors in PGP. Can
    ]> it be read by the security services? Have back doors been left in the
    ]> program so that the likes of the NASA can read what people are posting
    ]> in say alt.anonymous.messages?

    As he says, the source code is there for you and anyone else to read, so
    you can look for backdoors. It is hard to keep a secret in the open.

    ]There has never been anything found to substantiate rumor of a possible
    ]back door in PGP. Although not a guarantee of the absence of such, a
    ]very positive sign of being back door free is that the source code is
    ]available for public review. All the algorithms available for use in PGP
    ]appear secure, so there is no objective reason to think that NSA (or even
    ]NASA!) can break PGP's encryption. Of course, you need to protect your
    ]private key and its passphrase; and that might be very difficult against
    ]an opponent like the NSA.

  5. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    You are wise to question programs like PGP and JBN. Both are so seriously
    flawed that no knowledgeable person would dare use them. The proof is all
    over the place, just look for it. Also use your common sense, do you think
    the government would allow terrorist and other criminals the free use of the
    Internet via these programs? Don't listen to the idiots trying to defend
    them, they have nothing to lose but their credibility.

    "Michael Yardley" wrote in message
    news:858bd3a9.0406061139.4c951c68@posting.google.c om...
    > Reading the Usenet groups you see threads about back doors in PGP. Can
    > it be read by the security services? Have back doors been left in the
    > program so that the likes of the NASA can read what people are posting
    > in say alt.anonymous.messages?

  6. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    In article <858bd3a9.0406061139.4c951c68@posting.google.com>, Michael
    Yardley wrote:
    >Reading the Usenet groups you see threads about back doors in PGP. Can
    >it be read by the security services? Have back doors been left in the
    >program so that the likes of the NASA can read what people are posting
    >in say alt.anonymous.messages?

    my, is this "Back door in PGP" crap**** ever gonna go away?

  7. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004, "I Am" wrote:
    >You are wise to question programs like PGP and JBN. Both are so seriously
    >flawed that no knowledgeable person would dare use them. The proof is all
    >over the place, just look for it.

    Please point some out then, liar. You are nothing more than a FUD spreader,
    and a liar. The source code is available "all over the place". Please point
    out these flaws.

    We're waiting.

  8. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004, "I Am" wrote:
    >You are wise to question programs like PGP and JBN. Both are so seriously
    >flawed that no knowledgeable person would dare use them. The proof is all
    >over the place, just look for it.

    Please point some out then, liar. You are nothing more than a FUD spreader,
    and a liar. The source code is available "all over the place". Please point
    out these flaws.

    We're waiting.

  9. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    yardleymj@yahoo.ca (Michael Yardley) wrote:

    > Reading the Usenet groups you see threads about back doors in PGP. Can
    > it be read by the security services? Have back doors been left in the
    > program so that the likes of the NASA can read what people are posting
    > in say alt.anonymous.messages?

    Yes, NASA is decrypting your messages to find out if you are trying to
    launch your own spacecraft without proper clearance.

  10. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Tarapia Tapioco
    wrote:
    >yardleymj@yahoo.ca (Michael Yardley) wrote:
    >
    >> Reading the Usenet groups you see threads about back doors in PGP. Can
    >> it be read by the security services? Have back doors been left in the
    >> program so that the likes of the NASA can read what people are posting
    >> in say alt.anonymous.messages?

    >Yes, NASA is decrypting your messages to find out if you are trying to
    >launch your own spacecraft without proper clearance.

    <*snicker*>

  11. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    "I Am" writes:

    >You are wise to question programs like PGP and JBN.

    PGP isn't a "program" the way JBN is. Don't be such a ****ing idiot.

  12. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Nomen Nescio wrote:

    > "I Am" writes:
    >
    > >You are wise to question programs like PGP and JBN.

    > PGP isn't a "program" the way JBN is. Don't be such a ****ing idiot.

    Do I smell the odor of a troll somewhere in the room?

    --
    Paul Bartlett
    bartlett "at" smart "dot" net

  13. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 04:12:40 GMT, in article
    , "I Am"
    wrote:

    >You are wise to question programs like PGP and JBN. Both are so seriously
    >flawed that no knowledgeable person would dare use them. The proof is all
    >over the place, just look for it. Also use your common sense, do you think
    >the government would allow terrorist and other criminals the free use of the
    >Internet via these programs? Don't listen to the idiots trying to defend
    >them, they have nothing to lose but their credibility.

    This from a guy with . . . ZERO credibility. And ZERO common sense.

    Shishimai

  14. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    Just having read Digital Fortress, how about a massive brute force
    attack ?

    Any Translators buried in Texas or China ?

  15. Re: Just how secure is PGP? -- LIBTR/LBTR

    X-Body

    On 6 Jun 2004 12:39:35 -0700, in van.general yardleymj@yahoo.ca (Michael
    Yardley) wrote:

    >:-{P>Reading the Usenet groups you see threads about back doors in PGP. Can
    >:-{P>it be read by the security services? Have back doors been left in the
    >:-{P>program so that the likes of the NASA can read what people are posting
    >:-{P>in say alt.anonymous.messages?

    Well NASA and the NSA are connected, they do some of their R&D there. I,
    frankly only use it to get IP addresses of spyware servers and also sites I vist
    just in case the domain fails.

    X-InfoTag

    Gölök Zoltán Leenderdt Franco Buday
    The Voltairian News Service/Wire & TMET
    Freelance Writer [The Absent Mind]; Humorist; Mental Patient; On and Off
    Politician; Vancouver, BC (Neo Sumer) USA

    Political Egotist is a Former, As Listed Publically, Miserable Failure
    of A Mayoral Candidate in Vancouver who ran on a Independent but a,
    ignored, rather Libertarian Platform; Gölök Z.L.F Buday (96), Gölök
    (B.J.) Buday (02): BJ = ďBlack Jesterď
    Political Egotist, is just a parody of those who think they are so
    special for running for office, or an organization or winning office
    that they should have a title under their name as if they are better
    then anyone else writing to the editor or holding an opinion.
    LSPFIX: http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
    Google Groups....
    LIBTR
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...=&num=50&hl=en
    LIBERPHRENIA
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...=&num=50&hl=en
    ANTIRAPEPHRENIA
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...=&num=50&hl=en
    CREDAPHRENIA
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...=&num=50&hl=en
    HUMORPHRENIA
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...=&num=50&hl=en
    USCONSTITUTIONALISTPHRENIA
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...=&num=50&hl=en
    ANTIESPIONAPHRENIA
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...=&num=50&hl=en
    ANTISPYPHRENIA
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...=&num=50&hl=en
    Gölök Zoltán Leenderdt Franco Buday
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...=&num=50&hl=en
    Gölök Buday
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...=&num=50&hl=en
    Gölök
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...=&num=50&hl=en
    Golok Buday
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...=&num=50&hl=en
    Spam Example...
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=va...%40fe01&rnum=1
    All The Web...

    Gölök Zoltán Leenderdt Franco Buday
    http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=...uday&phrase=on
    Gölök Buday
    http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=...uday&phrase=on
    Gölök
    http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=...%F6k&phrase=on
    Golok Buday
    http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=...uday&phrase=on
    John Akwei
    http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=...kwei&phrase=on
    Redundancies: http://www.legis.gov.bc.ca/mla/3-1-4.htm
    Vancouver Sun: ECT case Rod Keller (rkeller[nobots]@netaxs.com)
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain
    Psychiatry: For Your Own Good; Posted By David Oaks - Support Coalition
    International (dendron[nobots]@efn.org)
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain
    I am a witness to Mz. [MLA] Clark driving an ambulance as a "Team" Player.It was
    on Woodlands @ Hastings I think.
    [..]

    Docta Gov. Admr. Count Gölök Zoltán Leenderdt Franco Buday; PhG™/D
    Aka The Pyromaniac of Madison County.

    Writer, Humorist [The Absent Mind], and everything else under the moon.
    [Also said to be a multi-trilionare businessman and Navy SEAL]
    Vancouver, Neo Sumer/Olympia, Washington/Who knows where else...

    X-Links
    The Official Black Jester Website: http://www.blackjester.com/
    My Ego Times: http://www.myegotimes.com/
    R-LPoV aka C.R.E.E.D.
    http://www.myegotimes.com/Vancouver....ons/C.R.E.E.D/
    Dictionary: http://www.myegotimes.com/dictionary/
    Jim Akwei Vs. NSA; Ft Meade, MA:
    http://www.myegotimes.com/mirrors/ji...i.vs.nsa.shtml
    Item Store: http://www.myegotimes.com/itemshop/
    3rd Party Central http://www.3pc.net/link.cgi?insanelylongsigfileonusenet
    X-Quotes
    "Rape [Censorship, Gun Control, Espionage, etc...] is a true weapon
    of mass destruction; that and gun grabbing." -- Gölök Zoltán Leenderdt
    Franco Buday; The Absent Mind.
    "Pragmatism is a coward's practicality." -- Gölök Zoltán Leenderdt
    Franco Buday; The Absent Mind.
    "In revenge and in love. woman is more barbarous than
    man.". - Dr. F. Nietzsche
    "As you have the power, sir, to do some service to letters, I implore
    you not to clip the wings of our writers so closely, nor turn into
    barndoor fowls those who, allowed a start, might become eagles;
    reasonable liberty permits the mind to soar--slavery makes it creep."
    -- Voltaire [A Letter To A First Commissioner]
    A: Yes, yes. There is a natural law, and it does not consist
    either in doing harm to others or in rejoicing thereat. -- [FMA]
    Voltaire; Phil. Dict. -- Natural Law.
    An itinerant bookseller does not burden himself with a Virgil,
    with a Horace, but with a new book, even though it be
    detestible. He draws a you aside and says to you: "Sir, do
    you want some books from Holland?" [FMA] Voltaire; Phil.
    Dict. -- New Novelties (Trends and Fads to Prechew).
    "Chance is a word void of meaning, nothing happens without a
    cause." -- Voltaire; Phil. Dict. -- Chance
    "Cool, like popular, is a word that is often associated with
    self betrayal." -- Gölök Buday, 2003 aka The Absent Mind
    "One should stat clear of comparing one self to others to feel like
    scum, one should compare themselves to what they could be or
    what they were for that; the same could be said about feeling
    good about one self." -- Gölök Buday, 2003 aka The Absent Mind
    "When the poison's pusher uses the poison, you can be sure
    he has and has used the antidote." -- Gölök Buday, 2003
    "He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his
    enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes
    a precedent that will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine
    The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work
    and then gets elected and proves it. -P.J. O'Rourke
    "There may not be an 'I' in team, but there is an 'I' in Libertarian
    (in fact 2)" -- Gölök Buday, April of 2002
    "...I would have wished that no one in the state that could claim
    he was above the law, and that no one from outside the state could
    dictate a law [**** the UN] that the state was obliged to recognize.
    For regardless of how the government is formally constituted, if
    there is a single man not subject to the law, all the others are
    necessarily at that man's mercy." -- Jean-Jacques Rousseau;
    To The Republic Of Geneva: Discourse On Inequality.
    "...It follows that if in such a fortunate situation it (the country/
    state) would have nothing to fear but itself, and if citizens were
    trained in arms, it would be more for maintaining that soldiery
    spirit and noble courage that are so well suited for freedom and
    cultivate the taste for it rather than from the necessity for it's
    citizens' actual defence. -- Jean-Jacques Rousseau;
    To The Republic Of Geneva: Discourse On Inequality.
    "Freedom can only exist if all laws apply to all people." --
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau; possible paraphrase.
    "Think, it's not illegal yet." -- George Clinton
    "He who loves himself became great in himself,
    and he who loved others became great through
    his devotion, and he who loved God became
    greater than all." -- Sřren Kierkegaard
    "Life must be lived forwards, but it can only be
    understood backwards" -- Sřren Kierkegaard
    "A Press That Is Not Free Isn't A Press At All" -- Gölök Buday
    "A Government, Of All Things, Is To Be Questioned And
    Inspected" -- Gölök Buday
    "At The Very Least, Insanity Isn't Unsanitary" -- Gölök Buday
    "it is an abomination for a person's tax dollars to be used to
    further a faith to which he does not subscribe. You want to
    pray, go to church. Nobody's objecting." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "I am the first Prime Minister of this country of neither
    altogether English nor French origin. So I determined to bring
    about a Canadian citizenship that knew no hyphenated
    consideration." - Prime Minister Diefenbaker, March 29,
    1958, Maclean's.
    "We shall never build the nation which our potential resources
    make possible by dividing ourselves into Anglophones,
    Francophones, multiculturalphones, or whatever kind of
    phoneys you choose. I say: Americans, first, last, and always!"
    - Gölök Buday, Purposely misquoting the Chiefs Quote For
    His Own Agenda (2002).
    "Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong."
    - Prime Minister Diefenbaker, March 11, 1958
    "As long as there is a drop of blood in my body they won't
    stop me from talking about freedom." - Prime Minister
    Diefenbaker, June 3, 1962, Sudbury, Ontario.
    "Freedom includes the right to say what others may object
    to and resent... The essence of citizenship is to be tolerant of
    strong and provocative words." - Prime Minister Diefenbaker,
    April 9, 1970, House of Commons.
    "I Am A Surrealists" -- What Salvador Dali Said When
    Asked Why He Didn't Belong To The Surrealists (this may
    be true, regarding why actors tend not to belong to the
    Group of Actors and Libertarians don't always belong to the
    Libertarian Party.)
    "I wish to preach not the doctrine of ignoble
    ease but the doctrine of the strenuous life" --
    Theodore Rooseveldt [IV-10-1899, Chicago, IL]
    "I prefer to go to church, not have church come to me."
    -- Gölök Buday
    "It's almost as if he [Bill Clinton] spent 8 years pissing all over
    the presidency and on his last day went, 'oh! missed a spot."
    -- Lewis Black on Rich Pardon, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
    "Honesty Makes An Opinion Important, Dishonesty Makes
    It Irrelevant (unimportant even)" -- Gölök Buday; 2002
    "An Opinion, Like An Axe, Is Only As Good As The Person
    Who Wields It." -- Gölök Buday
    "The Value Of A Comment Derives From The Honesty Of The
    Orator And/Or Writer." -- Gölök Buday
    "The Height Of Genius Is The Ability To Conceal It." --
    George Bernard Shaw
    "[To My Fellow-Citizens of the United States of America
    I put the following work under your protection. It contains my
    opinion on religion.] You will do me justice to remember that I have always
    strenuously supported the right to his own opinion, however different that
    opinion may be to mine. He who denies another this right makes a slave of
    himself to his present opinion, because he precludes himself the right of
    changing it." -- Thomas Paine, The Age Of Reason.
    "There Is A Difference Between Community Involvement and
    Being Involved (Or A Part Of) In A Community." -- Gölök Buday
    "We trained hard but it seemed that every time we were
    beginning to form into teams, we would be reorganized. I was
    to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by
    reorganizing. And what a wonderful method it can be for
    creating the illusion of progress while producing inefficiency,
    confusion and demoralization." -- Gaius Petronius Arbiter,
    1st century AD; Satyricon.
    "If You Have A Lawsuit, Your Goods, Your Honor, Your Very
    Life Depends On The Very Interpretation Of A Book You Never
    Read." -- Francois "Voltaire" Marie Arouet; Phil. Dictionary.
    "The Suppression Of A Word Is What Gives It Power." --
    Lenny Bruce.
    "Window Peepers, Authoritarians In General, Tend To Be The
    Biggest Scoundrels." -- Gölök Buday
    "Sometimes, It's Not A Good Idea To Listen For, But A Good
    Question." -- Gölök Buday.
    "Small Government's A Start" -- Gölök Buday.
    "Funny how diversity is ok unless it's of opinion or philosophical."
    -- Gölök Zoltán Leenderdt Franco Buday; On "Divisive Opinions
    and Issues;" December 2nd, 2002.
    "I rather have one competant employee, than a million incompetent
    ones, one competent something than a million incompetent
    something; and criminality counts as incompetance in business as
    well." -- Gölök Z. L. F. Buday
    It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him
    from lynching me,and I think that's pretty important. -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    "The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason. I have
    never used any other, and I trust I never shall." -- Thomas Paine, The Age Of
    Reason
    "We are not afraid to follow the truth where ever it may lead, nor [afraid]
    to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." -- Thomas
    Jefferson
    "A Republic, Not An Empire." -- Patrick J. Buchanan, Title of His Book
    and a point about the USoA.
    X-Etcetera...
    PS I am not, nor have been, known as Grant Buday
    PPS Not Che from che-lives.com

    Download Free Agent
    http://www.myegotimes.com/ftp/freeag...1/fa32-121.exe
    Free Agent Product PageFree Agent Product Page
    http://www.forteinc.com/agent/freagent.htm
    Google Groups:
    http://groups.google.com/

    The Absent Mind™, Closet Libertarian™, Black Magus™, Bible Thumper™, Blow
    Load™, The Voltairian™, The Atomic Wedge™, Wanna-B™, The Black Jester™, Füt
    Draegger™, [Rev.] Lucy Für™, The Blue Angel™, The Black Angel™, Riley
    Bitterman™, Miss Anne Thrope™, I.M Liberal™, Red Kroch™,Pyromaniac of Madison
    County™, The Esoterrorist™, Jean(-)Paul(-)Satire™, Phil Lander(s)™, Mental
    Midget Slayer™, George Steponallofus™, Daemon Mailer Auto-Responder and Part
    Time Slave Gimp™ and any other origional works are trademarks of Gölök Buday
    and all Constitutional and Intellectual Rights Are Reserved.

    246 Lines As Opposed To 1300 Lines on Sig File. @ 32bitx1280x1024 Res.

  16. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    Bill Unruh wrote:

    > Tom McCune writes:

    > ]yardleymj@yahoo.ca (Michael Yardley) wrote in
    > ]news:858bd3a9.0406061139.4c951c68@posting.google.c om:
    >
    > ]> Reading the Usenet groups you see threads about back doors in PGP. Can
    > ]> it be read by the security services? Have back doors been left in the
    > ]> program so that the likes of the NASA can read what people are posting
    > ]> in say alt.anonymous.messages?
    >
    > As he says, the source code is there for you and anyone else to read, so
    > you can look for backdoors. It is hard to keep a secret in the open.

    IMHO, the availability of the source means fsck all unless you get to
    compile it yourself after inspecting it. That's why I lough when MS makes
    attempts to show it's source to some governments or "special partners" and
    at the same time it disallows to recompile it. So basically you see one
    thing and then have to use some cooked up binaries which can be anything
    really.

  17. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    Max Mustermann wrote:

    > Please point some out then, liar. You are nothing more than a FUD
    > spreader, and a liar. The source code is available "all over the place".

    So ??
    The binary that runs on your machine was surely compiled from the source
    that's "all over the place", or was it not? Hmmm ...

  18. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    On 6 Jun 2004 12:39:35 -0700, yardleymj@yahoo.ca (Michael Yardley)
    wrote:

    >Reading the Usenet groups you see threads about back doors in PGP. Can
    >it be read by the security services? Have back doors been left in the
    >program so that the likes of the NASA can read what people are posting
    >in say alt.anonymous.messages?

    Back doors may or may not be an issue. In all likelihood there are no
    backdoors BUT backdoors is not the issue you should be concerned
    about.
    In any encryption system you should only be using keys that are fairly
    hefty in size if you want to prevent access by the security services.
    The size of the keys needed depend on the encryption algo but as a
    rule of thumb the minimum key size should be at least 2048 bits
    because the computing capability at Langley is able to crack keys
    approaching that length in very short durations.

    This information leaked out at a security conference earlier last year
    during a talk given by a senior ?government? encryption
    advisor/security consultant (sorry I didn't note the name). Apparently
    a question from a member of the audience postulated the above fact and
    queried whether there was any truth in the rumour that there had been
    a breakthrough in computing power rendering keys of around that size
    crackable in time-scales that were previously unprecedented?
    The speaker is reported to have looked somewhat uncomfortable and
    after a pause, probably thinking that the conference was a 'closed'
    session, let his guard down and responded something along the lines
    of - he wasn't sure but HE BELIEVED that was basically a reasonable
    accurate assumption to make. He didn't elaborate - and he didn't come
    straight out and say 'yes' (or no), because he was trying to avoid
    answering; but it left a clear impression on those attending that the
    code breaking power inside the main western security services is much
    further advanced than it was 24 months ago.
    To be frank I don't think PGP bothers or even worries the government
    any more. They most likely have the ability to crack it under most
    circumstances. What the use of PGP probably does do is flag to the
    Echelon system that a specific email needs to be filtered for special
    attention.
    So to answer your Q. is PGP safe I would say absolutely not but that
    is just my opinion and I'm no expert.

    On a totally off topic issue (although related to security in
    general), there are rumours surfacing that many of the remailer
    servers across the USA are actually owned by the CIA (set up as
    decoys). This is only a rumour circulating on some parts of the net
    and can't be verified.

  19. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    In article
    Loose Goose wrote:

    > On 6 Jun 2004 12:39:35 -0700, yardleymj@yahoo.ca (Michael Yardley)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Reading the Usenet groups you see threads about back doors in PGP. Can
    > >it be read by the security services? Have back doors been left in the
    > >program so that the likes of the NASA can read what people are posting
    > >in say alt.anonymous.messages?

    > Back doors may or may not be an issue. In all likelihood there are no
    > backdoors BUT backdoors is not the issue you should be concerned
    > about.
    > In any encryption system you should only be using keys that are fairly
    > hefty in size if you want to prevent access by the security services.
    > The size of the keys needed depend on the encryption algo but as a
    > rule of thumb the minimum key size should be at least 2048 bits
    > because the computing capability at Langley is able to crack keys
    > approaching that length in very short durations.

    That plus the main problem with PGP is that it blows your privacy.

  20. Re: Just how secure is PGP?

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:20:05 +0200 (CEST), in article
    <2439d2a2758bb88659785aaa941d0c61@dizum.com>, Nomen Nescio
    wrote:

    >That plus the main problem with PGP is that it blows your privacy.

    Man, you are *so* stupid!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast