Remove from Server - PGP

This is a discussion on Remove from Server - PGP ; Hello, is there a way to remove my public key from the server? I lost all of my stuff = no publickey, no privatekex, no passphrase. i want to create a new pair, but my old key is still on ...

  1. Remove from Server

    Hello,
    is there a way to remove my public key from the server? I lost all of my
    stuff = no publickey, no privatekex, no passphrase. i want to create a new
    pair, but my old key is still on a server. Is there a way to remove it? The
    email-adress in the key is still valid, so is there a way to remove it via
    email?
    Thank for tips
    Martin

  2. Re: Remove from Server

    "Martin Kerner" wrote in

    > Hello,
    > is there a way to remove my public key from the server? I lost all of
    > my stuff = no publickey, no privatekex, no passphrase. i want to
    > create a new pair, but my old key is still on a server. Is there a way
    > to remove it? The email-adress in the key is still valid, so is there
    > a way to remove it via email?
    > Thank for tips
    > Martin

    If you don't have the private key, and know its passphrase, you cannot
    remove the key yourself. As a general rule, keyservers will not remove the
    key for you. But you might find one that will. PGP Corp has posted in
    their forum that they will accept requests for key removal, but it looked
    like you might have to have a higher level of paid support.

    --
    Tom McCune

  3. Re: Remove from Server

    > As a general rule, keyservers will not remove the
    > key for you. But you might find one that will. PGP Corp has posted in
    > their forum that they will accept requests for key removal, but it looked
    > like you might have to have a higher level of paid support.

    Ok, thanks for the info.

  4. Re: Remove from Server

  5. Re: Remove from Server

+ Reply to Thread