gnugp and pgp compatability - PGP

This is a discussion on gnugp and pgp compatability - PGP ; Hi all, I am having problems figuring out why I can not encrypt a file using gnugp with a PGP 7.1 public key. It's fine with keys from other people with PGP 6.5.2 and 6.5.5. The import of the 7.1 ...

  1. gnugp and pgp compatability

    Hi all,

    I am having problems figuring out why I can not encrypt a file using
    gnugp with a PGP 7.1 public key. It's fine with keys from other people
    with PGP 6.5.2 and 6.5.5.

    The import of the 7.1 key seems to be fine and it's on the key ring.
    But gnugp complains "public key not found" once I try to edit the key or
    encrypt a file.

    Is there a new feature or algorithm in PGP 7.1?

    I would really appreciate any help/advice.

    Thanks

  2. Re: gnugp and pgp compatability

    nykz1@yahoo.com (Kevin) wrote in news:fd7a0cca.0404211615.73adf056
    @posting.google.com:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am having problems figuring out why I can not encrypt a file using
    > gnugp with a PGP 7.1 public key. It's fine with keys from other people
    > with PGP 6.5.2 and 6.5.5.
    >
    > The import of the 7.1 key seems to be fine and it's on the key ring.
    > But gnugp complains "public key not found" once I try to edit the key or
    > encrypt a file.
    >
    > Is there a new feature or algorithm in PGP 7.1?
    >
    > I would really appreciate any help/advice.

    Just a thought: Try removing the key's passphrase before exporting it from
    PGP 7.1, and adding it back from within GPG.

    --
    Tom McCune