key signing parties - PGP

This is a discussion on key signing parties - PGP ; Could one possibly get laid there? Isn't it similar to the 70s, where couples would throw their car keys into a bowl and whatever keys you pulled out at the end of the night, you went home with that person....

  1. key signing parties

    Could one possibly get laid there? Isn't it similar to the 70s, where
    couples would throw their car keys into a bowl and whatever keys you
    pulled out at the end of the night, you went home with that person.

  2. Re: key signing parties

    Larry Grant wrote:

    > Could one possibly get laid there? Isn't it similar to the 70s, where
    > couples would throw their car keys into a bowl and whatever keys you
    > pulled out at the end of the night, you went home with that person.

    An upcoming OpenPGP message format update will address this through
    introducing a new subpacket type, which is planned to include not only a
    "willingless to get laid" bit, but also different aspects of partner
    preference. These extensions are planned to be published as an update to RFC
    2440 in a little less than a year.

    Thor

    --
    http://thorweb.anta.net/ IRCnet #areena

  3. Re: key signing parties

    larry_grant_dc@hotmail.com (Larry Grant) wrote:

    > Could one possibly get laid there? Isn't it similar to the 70s, where
    > couples would throw their car keys into a bowl and whatever keys you
    > pulled out at the end of the night, you went home with that person.

    Judging by my PGP keyring, most of the participants would be male...

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    MONEY TALKS ... but all mine ever says is GOODBYE!

+ Reply to Thread