Problem verifying key - PGP

  2. Re: Problem verifying key

    Phallus Erectus wrote:
    > Hello, when I try to verify my key in an email message, the system show:
    >
    > *** PGP SIGNATURE VERIFICATION ***
    > *** Alert: Signature did not verify. Message has been altered.
    > *** Signer: Miguel García Merino (0xCE6FFA24)
    > *** Signed: 17/04/2004 21:33:05
    > *** Verified: 17/04/2004 22:05:09
    > *** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
    >
    > Why is "bad signature"? I try to configure PGP (version 8.0) in "word warp"
    > to 75 characters, and the email client (Outlook Express) to 76 characters.
    > Also, I try pgp to 75 characters, and outlook to 70; and, pgp to 70 and also
    > outlook to 70. Now the configuration is pgp to 75 characters and outlook to
    > 76.
    > I also activated "use pgp/mime when sending email" and "signing keys" in
    > server tab. My operating system is Windows XP Professional.
    > Sometimes the verification is good, but one moment later, in other email,
    > the verification is bad. I don't understand this.
    > My public key is in ldap://keyserver.pgp.com and
    > ldap://europe.keys.pgp.com:11370
    > Can you help me? Thanks!!

    PGP's wrap number should always be less than the number for the
    E-mail application you are using. Generally, I have PGP wrap at a
    column 4 or 5 characters less than where my E-mail application
    wraps.

    The point is that you want PGP to do all the wrapping. You don't
    want further wrapping done by the E-mail application. That
    further wrapping will invalidate the signature.

    --

    David E. Ross

    complies with Web standards. See .

  3. Re: Problem verifying key

    Phallus Erectus wrote:

    > Hello, when I try to verify my key in an email message, the system show:
    >
    > *** PGP SIGNATURE VERIFICATION ***
    > *** Alert: Signature did not verify. Message has been altered.
    > *** Signer: Miguel García Merino (0xCE6FFA24)
    > *** Signed: 17/04/2004 21:33:05
    > *** Verified: 17/04/2004 22:05:09
    > *** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
    >
    > Why is "bad signature"? I try to configure PGP (version 8.0) in "word
    > warp" to 75 characters, and the email client (Outlook Express) to 76
    > characters. Also, I try pgp to 75 characters, and outlook to 70; and, pgp
    > to 70 and also outlook to 70. Now the configuration is pgp to 75
    > characters and outlook to 76.

    Try setting pgp to 70 and outlook to 75

  4. Re: Problem verifying key

  5. Re: Problem verifying key