SecureWin - Can anyone help? - PGP

This is a discussion on SecureWin - Can anyone help? - PGP ; For many years I have used Securewin with Windows 98 and it provides just the level of security that I need. For another computer, I downloaded SecureWin again, and started to install it. I tried to call the company to ...

  1. SecureWin - Can anyone help?

    For many years I have used Securewin with Windows 98 and it provides
    just the level of security that I need.

    For another computer, I downloaded SecureWin again, and started to
    install it. I tried to call the company to purchase the activation
    password, but they are out of business now.

    Does anyone know how I can activate SecureWin???

    I am not sure what group to post this in, sorry if this is not the
    right one. I would appreciate any help.

    RD2

  2. Re: SecureWin - Can anyone help?

  3. Re: SecureWin - Can anyone help?

    > For many years I have used Securewin with Windows 98 and it provides
    > just the level of security that I need.
    >
    > For another computer, I downloaded SecureWin again, and started to
    > install it. I tried to call the company to purchase the activation
    > password, but they are out of business now.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can activate SecureWin???
    >
    > I am not sure what group to post this in, sorry if this is not the
    > right one. I would appreciate any help.

    Maybe try using the same key as before?
    If not, you could try putting a request in alt.cracks or
    alt.binaries.cracks.

  4. Re: SecureWin - Can anyone help?

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 02:57:41 +0000 (UTC), Clement Seveillac
    wrote:

    You make some good points. I would be happy to find a currently
    supported equivalent. I dont use SecureWin for any sort of file
    encryption. I use it solely for the purpose of restricting access to
    windows 98 - if the user does not enter the right name/password, they
    are locked out of windows. It has been very effective. No doubt it
    could be gotten around by clever experts, but those are not the people
    that I need to lock out. SecureWin has been running on my Win98
    machine for about 5 years and has never once caused me any problem.
    Can you suggest a current program that will do the same? RD2

  5. Re: SecureWin - Can anyone help?

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:41:57 +0000, MikeyD
    wrote:

    >> For many years I have used Securewin with Windows 98 and it provides
    >> just the level of security that I need.
    >>
    >> For another computer, I downloaded SecureWin again, and started to
    >> install it. I tried to call the company to purchase the activation
    >> password, but they are out of business now.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how I can activate SecureWin???
    >>
    >> I am not sure what group to post this in, sorry if this is not the
    >> right one. I would appreciate any help.

    >Maybe try using the same key as before?
    >If not, you could try putting a request in alt.cracks or
    >alt.binaries.cracks.

    The same key would not work on the other computer, unfortunately. I
    did post on those two groups, thanks for the tip. RD2

+ Reply to Thread