What's wrong with this file? - PGP

This is a discussion on What's wrong with this file? - PGP ; Hi, I am working on an OpenPGP-capable application and stumbled on a mysterious problem. Here's the ascii armor of a short test file: -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE----- jAwEAgECiyhJEB2/JbOnw2M0/dJ1thifZAY2UoxP4DfRx9YwgbBXNpBLmrTWdA== =V9DF -----END PGP MESSAGE----- Now, my code decrypts it perfectly, while gpg complains. ...

  1. What's wrong with this file?

    Hi,

    I am working on an OpenPGP-capable application and stumbled on a
    mysterious problem. Here's the ascii armor of a short test file:

    -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----

    jAwEAgECiyhJEB2/JbOnw2M0/dJ1thifZAY2UoxP4DfRx9YwgbBXNpBLmrTWdA==
    =V9DF
    -----END PGP MESSAGE-----

    Now, my code decrypts it perfectly, while gpg complains. I have no
    problems decrypting messages encrypted by gpg as long as supported
    algorithms are used, so it's not a crypto or compression problem.

    The test file is a four-byte string "test" encrypted with a passphrase
    "pass".

    The only thing I can think of is that I am using old-style undefined
    length packets (0x83+tag<<2) for the payload. Is that the problem?

    It's a ZLIB-compressed 3DES-encrypted stream, with salted (but not
    iterated) S2K.

    --
    Daniel

  2. Re: What's wrong with this file?

    When I try to do the same thing as you, I get this :
    -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
    Version: PGP 8.0.3

    qANQR1DDDQQJAwJZsowt2B1872DSNwFU4Wr1bgfVW+arr9hgyg H2RvFBtg6BFoXN
    vnxba2A+VBcO9itiaRwziBj09ZtQTmKcEuectDA=
    =v7wv
    -----END PGP MESSAGE-----

    "Nagy Daniel" a écrit dans le message de
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am working on an OpenPGP-capable application and stumbled on a
    > mysterious problem. Here's the ascii armor of a short test file:
    >
    > -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
    >
    > jAwEAgECiyhJEB2/JbOnw2M0/dJ1thifZAY2UoxP4DfRx9YwgbBXNpBLmrTWdA==
    > =V9DF
    > -----END PGP MESSAGE-----
    >
    > Now, my code decrypts it perfectly, while gpg complains. I have no
    > problems decrypting messages encrypted by gpg as long as supported
    > algorithms are used, so it's not a crypto or compression problem.
    >
    > The test file is a four-byte string "test" encrypted with a passphrase
    > "pass".
    >
    > The only thing I can think of is that I am using old-style undefined
    > length packets (0x83+tag<<2) for the payload. Is that the problem?
    >
    > It's a ZLIB-compressed 3DES-encrypted stream, with salted (but not
    > iterated) S2K.
    >
    > --
    > Daniel

  3. Re: What's wrong with this file?

    "Gilles Corlobé" wrote:

    > When I try to do the same thing as you, I get this :
    > -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
    > Version: PGP 8.0.3
    >
    > qANQR1DDDQQJAwJZsowt2B1872DSNwFU4Wr1bgfVW+arr9hgyg H2RvFBtg6BFoXN
    > vnxba2A+VBcO9itiaRwziBj09ZtQTmKcEuectDA=
    > =v7wv
    > -----END PGP MESSAGE-----

    Do it again, and you will get yet another ciphertext.

    Thor

    --
    http://thorweb.anta.net/

  4. Re: What's wrong with this file?

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004, Thor Kottelin wrote:
    >"Gilles Corlobé" wrote:
    >>
    >> When I try to do the same thing as you, I get this :

    >Do it again, and you will get yet another ciphertext.

    hurrah for obvious trivia

    Gilles perhaps unaware what shown...

    OP no make valid OpenPGP message

+ Reply to Thread