what does "--yes" mean with GPG - PGP

This is a discussion on what does "--yes" mean with GPG - PGP ; The GPG manual states that a "--yes" switch will cause GPG to "Assume 'yes' on most questions." What are "most questions", or more importantly, for what questions will it not assume yes? I'd imagine it would be the case for ...

  1. what does "--yes" mean with GPG

    The GPG manual states that a "--yes" switch will cause GPG to "Assume
    'yes' on most questions."

    What are "most questions", or more importantly, for what questions
    will it not assume yes? I'd imagine it would be the case for key
    revocation or the likes, but anything else?
    The same would apply for the "--no" switch. When would GPG not answer
    "no"?

    Thanks! -- Mike

  2. Re: what does "--yes" mean with GPG

  3. Re: what does "--yes" mean with GPG

    On 28 Feb 2004 07:16:02 -0800, mikedsaunders@yahoo.com (Mike) wrote:

    >The GPG manual states that a "--yes" switch will cause GPG to "Assume
    >'yes' on most questions."
    >
    >What are "most questions", or more importantly, for what questions
    >will it not assume yes? I'd imagine it would be the case for key
    >revocation or the likes, but anything else?
    >The same would apply for the "--no" switch. When would GPG not answer
    >"no"?
    >
    >Thanks! -- Mike

    Be careful, when GPG says --yes that could be a maybe. Slip GPG a Mickey
    and GPG will always say "YEEESSSSSSSSSS" and you won't end up like Kobe
    Bryant.

  4. Re: what does "--yes" mean with GPG

  5. Re: what does "--yes" mean with GPG

    I'm using this switch from a script in PHP to avoid being asked to
    confirm overwriting an output (encrypted) file. It works fine, but is
    that the best way to do it or is there some other switch that will
    cause GPG to overwrite without asking confirmation?

    MikeyD wrote in message news:<1078056059.10475.2@ersa.uk.clara.net>...

+ Reply to Thread