GPG: Mistyped password twice the same way when encrypting - any tools to help decrypt? - PGP

This is a discussion on GPG: Mistyped password twice the same way when encrypting - any tools to help decrypt? - PGP ; Using symmetric encryption with GPG, I managed to mistype a password twice the same way while encrypting a file. (And then deleted the original before trying to decrypt the new file, naturally.) Let's say I tried: Betty is a pretty ...

  1. GPG: Mistyped password twice the same way when encrypting - any tools to help decrypt?

    Using symmetric encryption with GPG, I managed to mistype a
    password twice the same way while encrypting a file. (And then
    deleted the original before trying to decrypt the new file,
    naturally.)

    Let's say I tried:

    Betty is a pretty girl.

    Are there any utilities out there that can come up with a list of
    possible passwords based on slight variations of that phrase?
    I've written a program that tries to do that, but hasn't gotten
    the correct password yet.

    Thanks!

    John

  2. Re: GPG: Mistyped password twice the same way when encrypting - any tools to help decrypt?

+ Reply to Thread