Using the same secret key on multiple machines? - PGP

This is a discussion on Using the same secret key on multiple machines? - PGP ; Hi I'm using GnuPG, and I was wondering if there was a way to use the same personal key on multiple machines. I'm using a Linux box in my office, and an apple laptop elsewhere. I looked up in books ...

  1. Using the same secret key on multiple machines?

    Hi I'm using GnuPG, and I was wondering if there was a way to use the
    same personal key on multiple machines. I'm using a Linux box in my
    office, and an apple laptop elsewhere. I looked up in books and found
    no reference for such methods. Is it because of security issues, or
    just my nearsightedness?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Using the same secret key on multiple machines?

    Juyong Park wrote:

    > I'm using GnuPG, and I was wondering if there was a way to use the
    > same personal key on multiple machines.

    Yes. I have done that using both GPG and PGP.

    I don't have a GPG copy available right now, but anyway, you should be able
    to export your private key to a file, then import it on the other machine.

    Usage question; crossposted, follow-ups set.

    Thor

    --
    http://thorweb.anta.net/

  3. Re: Using the same secret key on multiple machines?

    Thanks a lot. Problem solved.

+ Reply to Thread