PGP Command Line Version 6.5.8 on Windows NT 4.0 - PGP

This is a discussion on PGP Command Line Version 6.5.8 on Windows NT 4.0 - PGP ; I'm having problems setting the environment variable PGPPATH. I have gone to "My Computer" properties, then to "Environment" tab and have set my PGPPATH to a different path then the default. But PGP insists on looking at the original path ...

  1. PGP Command Line Version 6.5.8 on Windows NT 4.0

    I'm having problems setting the environment variable PGPPATH.

    I have gone to "My Computer" properties, then to "Environment" tab and
    have set my PGPPATH to a different path then the default. But PGP
    insists on looking at the original path which happens to be
    Winnt40\Profiles\Userprofile\Application Data\PGP.

    Can anyone shed some light on this letting me know if you've faced a
    similar problem and how you got around it. I have read somewhere that
    there is this problem with setting PGPPATH variable on Windows NT 4.0.

    I would appreciate your views/opinions/suggestions on this.

    Thanks,
    Anand.

  2. Re: PGP Command Line Version 6.5.8 on Windows NT 4.0

  3. Re: PGP Command Line Version 6.5.8 on Windows NT 4.0

    On 12 Feb 2004, Anand Kasotia wrote:
    >I'm having problems setting the environment variable PGPPATH.
    >
    >I have gone to "My Computer" properties, then to "Environment" tab and
    >have set my PGPPATH to a different path then the default. But PGP insists
    >on looking at the original path which happens to be
    >Winnt40\Profiles\Userprofile\Application Data\PGP.
    >
    >Can anyone shed some light on this letting me know if you've faced a
    >similar problem and how you got around it. I have read somewhere that
    >there is this problem with setting PGPPATH variable on Windows NT 4.0.
    >
    >I would appreciate your views/opinions/suggestions on this.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Anand.

    you try

    set

    PGPPATH in Properties|Environment

    PATH in System Properties|Environment

    keyrings / other options in file PGP.CFG

  4. Re: PGP Command Line Version 6.5.8 on Windows NT 4.0

    On 12 Feb 2004, Anand Kasotia wrote:
    >I'm having problems setting the environment variable PGPPATH.
    >
    >I have gone to "My Computer" properties, then to "Environment" tab and
    >have set my PGPPATH to a different path then the default. But PGP insists
    >on looking at the original path which happens to be
    >Winnt40\Profiles\Userprofile\Application Data\PGP.
    >
    >Can anyone shed some light on this letting me know if you've faced a
    >similar problem and how you got around it. I have read somewhere that
    >there is this problem with setting PGPPATH variable on Windows NT 4.0.
    >
    >I would appreciate your views/opinions/suggestions on this.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Anand.

    you try

    set

    PGPPATH in Properties|Environment

    PATH in System Properties|Environment

    keyrings / other options in file PGP.CFG

  5. Re: PGP Command Line Version 6.5.8 on Windows NT 4.0

    On 12 Feb 2004, Anand Kasotia wrote:
    >I'm having problems setting the environment variable PGPPATH.
    >
    >I have gone to "My Computer" properties, then to "Environment" tab and
    >have set my PGPPATH to a different path then the default. But PGP insists
    >on looking at the original path which happens to be
    >Winnt40\Profiles\Userprofile\Application Data\PGP.
    >
    >Can anyone shed some light on this letting me know if you've faced a
    >similar problem and how you got around it. I have read somewhere that
    >there is this problem with setting PGPPATH variable on Windows NT 4.0.
    >
    >I would appreciate your views/opinions/suggestions on this.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Anand.

    you try

    set

    PGPPATH in Properties|Environment

    PATH in System Properties|Environment

    keyrings / other options in file PGP.CFG

  6. Re: PGP Command Line Version 6.5.8 on Windows NT 4.0

    An Metet wrote in message news:<3a7a4e2e33195df283aeac3d9aa707be@aonymous.poster>...
    > On 12 Feb 2004, Anand Kasotia wrote:
    > >I'm having problems setting the environment variable PGPPATH.
    > >
    > >I have gone to "My Computer" properties, then to "Environment" tab and
    > >have set my PGPPATH to a different path then the default. But PGP insists
    > >on looking at the original path which happens to be
    > >Winnt40\Profiles\Userprofile\Application Data\PGP.
    > >
    > >Can anyone shed some light on this letting me know if you've faced a
    > >similar problem and how you got around it. I have read somewhere that
    > >there is this problem with setting PGPPATH variable on Windows NT 4.0.
    > >
    > >I would appreciate your views/opinions/suggestions on this.
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >Anand.

    > you try
    >
    > set
    >
    > PGPPATH in Properties|Environment
    >
    > PATH in System Properties|Environment
    >
    > keyrings / other options in file PGP.CFG

    PGPsdk.dat file gets created when you generate keys. By changing the
    path inside of this file doesn't help. I have changed the PGPPath and
    the PATH variables but it doesn't seem to work. Please bear in mind
    that I have only the command line version and not the Desktop version.
    I'm still looking for help on this whereby I can change the location
    of PGP to look at a different directory other than
    Winnt40\Profiles\Userprofile\Application Data\PGP.

+ Reply to Thread