How to retrieve GnuPG return value - PGP

This is a discussion on How to retrieve GnuPG return value - PGP ; Hi, I'm building an Access XP application which uses GnuPG digital signatures. I'm at a loss on how to retrieve GnuPG's return value indicating success or failure of signature verification. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Alvin...

  1. How to retrieve GnuPG return value

    Hi,

    I'm building an Access XP application which uses GnuPG digital
    signatures. I'm at a loss on how to retrieve GnuPG's return value
    indicating success or failure of signature verification. Any help will
    be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,

    Alvin

  2. Re: How to retrieve GnuPG return value

    Alvin Sebastian wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm building an Access XP application which uses GnuPG digital
    > signatures. I'm at a loss on how to retrieve GnuPG's return value
    > indicating success or failure of signature verification. Any help will
    > be greatly appreciated.
    >

    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Alvin

    If you're calling it from the command prompt, ERRORLEVEL will be set.
    Of course, with a batch file, anything greater than or equal to %TEST%
    will be true.

    So
    gpg
    if errorlevel 1 goto foo
    # if gpg returned 2, then we WON'T get here

    If you're calling it from Perl, C, TCL, Fortran, Assembler, whatever,
    see the docs for your programming language to find out how to get the
    return value.

+ Reply to Thread