How can I use GPG to encrypt to multiple recipients? - PGP

This is a discussion on How can I use GPG to encrypt to multiple recipients? - PGP ; Using GPG from the command line (Windows) I want to be able to encrypt a file to more than one recipient, what's the syntax for this? Can't seem to find any reference for it. Thanks! -- Mike...

  1. How can I use GPG to encrypt to multiple recipients?

    Using GPG from the command line (Windows) I want to be able to encrypt
    a file to more than one recipient, what's the syntax for this? Can't
    seem to find any reference for it. Thanks! -- Mike

  2. Re: How can I use GPG to encrypt to multiple recipients?

    mikedsaunders@yahoo.com (Mike) wrote in
    news:bb7d8b6a.0402081004.36a99965@posting.google.c om:

    > Using GPG from the command line (Windows) I want to be able to
    > encrypt a file to more than one recipient, what's the syntax for
    > this? Can't seem to find any reference for it. Thanks! -- Mike

    This seems to work for me:

    gpg -o outfile.gpg -r 0x12345678 -r 0x87654321 -e inputfile.txt

    Where in the example above, 0x12345678 and 0x87654321 would be Key-IDs.

    HTH,
    John

  3. Re: How can I use GPG to encrypt to multiple recipients?

    On 8 Feb 2004, Mike wrote:
    >Using GPG from the command line (Windows) I want to be able to encrypt
    >a file to more than one recipient, what's the syntax for this?
    >Can't seem to find any reference for it. Thanks! -- Mike

    gpg -r {uid1} -r {uid2} -r {uid3} --always-trust -e inputfile -o outputfile
    -=-
    This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

  4. Re: How can I use GPG to encrypt to multiple recipients?

    Thanks John and "Anonymous", that's the info I need! -- Mike

    mikedsaunders@yahoo.com (Mike) wrote in message news:...
    > Using GPG from the command line (Windows) I want to be able to encrypt
    > a file to more than one recipient, what's the syntax for this? Can't
    > seem to find any reference for it. Thanks! -- Mike

  5. Re: How can I use GPG to encrypt to multiple recipients?

    Mike,

    You could add a group in your gpg.conf file. For instance:

    group myfriends=friend1 friend2 friend2

    If you would like to encrypt a message to your friends you can treat
    this group as an ordinary recipient for instance:

    gpg --output output.txt --recipient myfriends --sign --encrypt
    input.txt

  6. Re: How can I use GPG to encrypt to multiple recipients?

    mikedsaunders@yahoo.com (Mike) wrote:

    > Using GPG from the command line (Windows) I want to be able to encrypt
    > a file to more than one recipient, what's the syntax for this? Can't
    > seem to find any reference for it. Thanks! -- Mike

    Assuming the command line options are the same in Windows and *n*x (I
    think this is the case):

    gpg -er anne -r barry -r chuck file

    gpg -esr anne -r barry -r chuck -u doug file

    Each "-r name" adds that name to the recipient list.
    "-u name" selects the key you sign with.

    HTH.
    -=-
    This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

+ Reply to Thread