PGPsdkServ.exe - PGP

This is a discussion on PGPsdkServ.exe - PGP ; It appears that PGPsdkServ.exe is launched whenever I boot Windows 98SE. It resides in and is launched per a registry key. The properties indicate "PGP Software Development Kit Service"; the file and product versions are both 3.0.3. What is it? ...

  1. PGPsdkServ.exe

    It appears that PGPsdkServ.exe is launched whenever I boot Windows
    98SE. It resides in and is launched per a
    registry key. The properties indicate "PGP Software Development
    Kit Service"; the file and product versions are both 3.0.3.

    What is it? Do I really need this launched?

    --

    David E. Ross

    complies with Web standards. See .

  2. Re: PGPsdkServ.exe

    "David Ross" wrote in message
    > It appears that PGPsdkServ.exe is launched whenever I boot Windows
    > 98SE. It resides in and is launched per a
    > registry key. The properties indicate "PGP Software Development
    > Kit Service"; the file and product versions are both 3.0.3.
    >
    > What is it? Do I really need this launched?

    Hello, David

    It is the interface between the user commands (hotkeys, plug ins, etc) and
    the crypto libraries. I've never tried to *not* run it on Win98SE (my
    current system), but on Win NT, PGP will not function without the program
    running as a service.

    FYI, there are two different copies of that library floating around--PGP
    released 8.0.3 on 10/21/2003, and then a second time on 10/27/2003 (to
    correct a problem with export of a group of selected keys).

    The 10-21-2003 build is 147.
    The 10-27-2003 build is 155.

    Richard

+ Reply to Thread