how to use pgp with smartcard? - PGP

This is a discussion on how to use pgp with smartcard? - PGP ; I have PGP 8.03 plus and new ealaddin r2 etoken. I have installed my ealaddin RTE drivers (v. 3.51.7) as well as the eladdin etoken application viewer (v. 2.10 b 34). Also, I chose to enable "Aladdin" under PGP Keys>Options>Advanced>Smart ...

  1. how to use pgp with smartcard?

    I have PGP 8.03 plus and new ealaddin r2 etoken. I have installed my
    ealaddin RTE drivers (v. 3.51.7) as well as the eladdin etoken application
    viewer (v. 2.10 b 34).

    Also, I chose to enable "Aladdin" under PGP Keys>Options>Advanced>Smart Card
    Support.

    HOWEVER, when right-click on my own key to export it to my etoken, the
    "smart card" menu choice on the pop-up menue is grayed out and not
    available.

    Also, upon clicking the gold bar in the bottom left corner of the Keys
    window, the pop-up box has my smart card info as grayed and non-accessible.

    What do I need to do to use this feature?

  2. Re: how to use pgp with smartcard?

    BTW, I have XP Pr0 and Office 2oo3 if it matters, which it doesn/t.

    "jdirt" wrote in message
    > I have PGP 8.03 plus and new ealaddin r2 etoken. I have installed my
    > ealaddin RTE drivers (v. 3.51.7) as well as the eladdin etoken application
    > viewer (v. 2.10 b 34).
    >
    > Also, I chose to enable "Aladdin" under PGP Keys>Options>Advanced>Smart

    Card
    > Support.
    >
    > HOWEVER, when right-click on my own key to export it to my etoken, the
    > "smart card" menu choice on the pop-up menue is grayed out and not
    > available.
    >
    > Also, upon clicking the gold bar in the bottom left corner of the Keys
    > window, the pop-up box has my smart card info as grayed and

    non-accessible.

    > What do I need to do to use this feature?

+ Reply to Thread