To revoke and / or delete a key from the server - PGP

This is a discussion on To revoke and / or delete a key from the server - PGP ; I've tried to revoke a key that I do not use anymore and also tried to delete it from the server, but everytime I try to delete my key from the server I get a message that "An error has ...

  1. To revoke and / or delete a key from the server

    I've tried to revoke a key that I do not use anymore and also tried to
    delete it from the server, but everytime I try to delete my key from the
    server I get a message that "An error has occured: the request was rejected
    by the server"
    What am I doing wrong?

    And how can I revoke a key that I do not use anymore?

    I would be greatfull if anyone could answer my question.

    Anton

  2. Re: To revoke and / or delete a key from the server

    Anton van der Gaag wrote:

    > What am I doing wrong?

    You're trying to delete something that can't be deleted!

    > And how can I revoke a key that I do not use anymore?

    What have you done so far and what software are you using?
    Do you think people have crystal balls here?
    But generally just import you revocation certificate for the key in question
    and then upload the key back to the PGP network.

    --
    Jabber: molchun@jabber.org
    PGP ID: 0x304563A8

  3. Re: To revoke and / or delete a key from the server

  4. Re: To revoke and / or delete a key from the server

    Tom McCune wrote:

    > Right click on the key and select Revoke. Of course, you have to have
    > the private key and its passphrase.

    Unless, of course, he generated the revocation cert. as soon as he generated
    the key, which is how it should be done 'cos most of people want to revoke
    their keys because they lost their private key or forgot the passphrase in
    which case you can't revoke anything unless you generated your rev-cert
    long before.

    --
    Jabber: molchun@jabber.org
    PGP ID: 0x304563A8

  5. Re: To revoke and / or delete a key from the server

+ Reply to Thread