Difference Between RSAv3 and RSAv4 Keys? - PGP

This is a discussion on Difference Between RSAv3 and RSAv4 Keys? - PGP ; I tried Googling but did not come up with an answer, at least with the search criteria I used. My introduction to PGP was with the MIT distribution 2.6.2 for use with MS-DOS. At the moment I am using 6.5.8ckt08 ...

  1. Difference Between RSAv3 and RSAv4 Keys?

    I tried Googling but did not come up with an answer, at least with
    the search criteria I used. My introduction to PGP was with the MIT
    distribution 2.6.2 for use with MS-DOS. At the moment I am using
    6.5.8ckt08 on Win98 with one correspondent, using my old 2047-bit public
    key. I see that there are references to RSA version 3 and RSA version
    4 keys, but I do not know the difference between them or why there are
    different kinds. Any enlightenment will be welcome. Thanks.

    --
    Paul Bartlett
    bartlett at smart dot net

  2. Re: Difference Between RSAv3 and RSAv4 Keys?

+ Reply to Thread