PGP key trust problem - PGP

This is a discussion on PGP key trust problem - PGP ; Hello, I've been successful at encrypting a file with the recipient's public key, but I am getting an error that I don't know how to overcome for good. When I run: pgp -e filename I get the following message: WARNING: ...

  1. PGP key trust problem

    Hello, I've been successful at encrypting a file with the recipient's
    public key, but I am getting an error that I don't know how to
    overcome for good. When I run:

    pgp -e filename

    I get the following message:

    WARNING: Because this public key is not certified with a trusted
    signature, it is not known with high confidence that this public key
    actually belongs to

    Are you sure you want to use this public key (y/N)?

    I can say yes and go ahead with it, but is there a way I can tell pgp
    that this is a trusted key so it won't display the confirmation each
    time?

    Thanks

  2. Re: PGP key trust problem

    JT wrote:
    > Hello, I've been successful at encrypting a file with the recipient's
    > public key, but I am getting an error that I don't know how to
    > overcome for good. When I run:
    >
    > pgp -e filename
    >
    > I get the following message:
    >
    > WARNING: Because this public key is not certified with a trusted
    > signature, it is not known with high confidence that this public key
    > actually belongs to
    >
    > Are you sure you want to use this public key (y/N)?
    >
    > I can say yes and go ahead with it, but is there a way I can tell pgp
    > that this is a trusted key so it won't display the confirmation each
    > time?
    >
    > Thanks

    I don't know the commandline for it but you can sign his public key with
    your private key. As soon as you do, his key will be valid and you won't
    get this warning anymore.

    Hans

  3. Re: PGP key trust problem +BATCHMODE

    On 7 Jan 2004, JT wrote:
    >Hello, I've been successful at encrypting a file with the recipient's public key,
    >but I am getting an error that I don't know how to overcome for good.
    >
    >When I run:
    >
    > pgp -e filename
    >
    >I get the following message:
    >
    > WARNING: Because this public key is not certified with a trusted
    > signature, it is not known with high confidence that this public key
    > actually belongs to
    >
    > Are you sure you want to use this public key (y/N)?
    >
    >I can say yes and go ahead with it, but is there a way I can tell pgp that
    >this is a trusted key so it won't display the confirmation each time?
    >
    >Thanks

    +BATCHMODE

    pgp -e +batchmode filename

    --
    Questo messaggio e' stato inoltrato automaticamente
    da un paio di anonymous remailer. Il mittente originale

+ Reply to Thread