Outlook 2002-SP2 and PGP Desktop 8.0.3 problems - PGP

This is a discussion on Outlook 2002-SP2 and PGP Desktop 8.0.3 problems - PGP ; Is there a known problem with using PGP Desktop 8.0.3 on Microsoft Outlook 2002 SP2??? We have tried to install this on an XP-Pro workstation with Outlook 2002 connected to Exchange 5.5. But whatever we do the Outlook plug-in does ...

  1. Outlook 2002-SP2 and PGP Desktop 8.0.3 problems

    Is there a known problem with using PGP Desktop 8.0.3 on Microsoft
    Outlook 2002 SP2???
    We have tried to install this on an XP-Pro workstation with Outlook
    2002 connected to Exchange 5.5.
    But whatever we do the Outlook plug-in does not appear.
    As a test I instelled the same PGP 8.0.3 version using the same
    license information on another XP-Pro machine, but this one has Office
    2000 installed. In this case the plug-in showed up in several
    different ways:
    - A PGP menu item was added to the menu bar
    - A PGP item was added to the Help menu
    - Buttons for PGP operations were added to the toolbar

    None of these appear on the Outlook 2002 installation.

    Why is this happening? Is there an issue concerning Office 2002 that
    we have missed like some hidden registry switch or something.
    Help much appreciated!

    /Bo

    Bo Berglund
    bo.berglund@telia.com

  2. Re: Outlook 2002-SP2 and PGP Desktop 8.0.3 problems

    In article <548jvvcbra1c6u02ei35griioma92ikegm@4ax.com>,
    Bo Berglund wrote:

    > Is there a known problem with using PGP Desktop 8.0.3 on Microsoft
    > Outlook 2002 SP2???
    > We have tried to install this on an XP-Pro workstation with Outlook
    > 2002 connected to Exchange 5.5.
    > But whatever we do the Outlook plug-in does not appear.

    All the PGP Products are now called "Desktop". Do you mean PGP
    Enterprise Desktop, Workgroup Desktop or Personal Desktop?

    This might help:

    "The PGP plug-in icons are not appearing in Microsoft Outlook"

    --
    Seth Goodman

  3. Re: Outlook 2002-SP2 and PGP Desktop 8.0.3 problems

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:15:10 GMT, Seth Goodman
    wrote:

    >All the PGP Products are now called "Desktop". Do you mean PGP
    >Enterprise Desktop, Workgroup Desktop or Personal Desktop?
    >
    >This might help:
    >
    >"The PGP plug-in icons are not appearing in Microsoft Outlook"

    Thanks for your friendly pointer! I did not know about that particular
    website, but sure enough it solved our problems. The PGP plug-in was
    disabled in the Outlook Add-in Manager. Enabling it made all the
    difference for my buddy. He now can send his PGP messages as intended.
    Now he has another problem:
    He has forgotten his passphrase that he used two years ago when we
    utilized PGP for a few months. So now when I encrypt to his key he
    cannot read it....
    Another story, he will probably have to generate a new key I guess.

    Bo Berglund
    bo.berglund@telia.com

  4. Re: Outlook 2002-SP2 and PGP Desktop 8.0.3 problems

+ Reply to Thread