Certificate authorities - PGP

  2. Re: Certificate authorities

  3. Re: Certificate authorities

    In article <3fe9b445$0$32587$2c56edd9@news.cablerocket.com>, PhantomOp of Port Kar wrote:

    > Does anyone know of any free Certificate authorities available, or am
    > I pretty well limited to the pay sites like VeriSign?

    You can make you own self signed certificates. Depending on what you are
    doing that might be good enough.

  4. Re: Certificate authorities

    On 25 Dec 2003 05:40:33 GMT, Bruno Wolff III
    wrote:

    >In article <3fe9b445$0$32587$2c56edd9@news.cablerocket.com>, PhantomOp of Port Kar wrote:
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of any free Certificate authorities available, or am
    >> I pretty well limited to the pay sites like VeriSign?

    >You can make you own self signed certificates. Depending on what you are
    >doing that might be good enough.

    How?

  5. Re: Certificate authorities

    In article , Karl Kümmel wrote:
    > On 25 Dec 2003 05:40:33 GMT, Bruno Wolff III
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In article <3fe9b445$0$32587$2c56edd9@news.cablerocket.com>, PhantomOp of Port Kar wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know of any free Certificate authorities available, or am
    >>> I pretty well limited to the pay sites like VeriSign?

    >>You can make you own self signed certificates. Depending on what you are
    >>doing that might be good enough.

    > How?

    There are tools for doing this in openssl. The documentation isn't great,
    but it shouldn't take much playing around to generate the certs.

  6. Re: Certificate authorities

    On 11 Feb 2004 20:22:58 GMT, Bruno Wolff III
    wrote:

    >There are tools for doing this in openssl. The documentation isn't great,
    >but it shouldn't take much playing around to generate the certs.

    Thanks for the reply. I've found a foolproof tool at
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wayne_grant/keytool.html which makes the
    creation a breeze

  7. Re: Certificate authorities

    Karl Kümmel wrote:

    > On 25 Dec 2003 05:40:33 GMT, Bruno Wolff III
    > wrote:
    >

    >>In article <3fe9b445$0$32587$2c56edd9@news.cablerocket.com>, PhantomOp of Port Kar wrote:

    >>>Does anyone know of any free Certificate authorities available, or am
    >>>I pretty well limited to the pay sites like VeriSign?

    http://www.cacert.org

+ Reply to Thread