two streams with same md5? - PGP

This is a discussion on two streams with same md5? - PGP ; did anyone in this world see this very rare fenomena? do we have a single pair of strings with the same md5 hash?...

  1. two streams with same md5?

    did anyone in this world see this very rare fenomena? do we have a
    single pair of strings with the same md5 hash?

  2. Re: two streams with same md5?

    Krisztian Pinter writes:

    > did anyone in this world see this very rare fenomena? do we have a
    > single pair of strings with the same md5 hash?

    I've never heard of this ever occurring. It is theoretically possible
    (indeed, it is inevitable if you have more than 2^128 strings to hash),
    but in the real world it is too improbable to worry about, as a general
    rule.

  3. Re: two streams with same md5?

  4. Re: two streams with same md5?

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Mxsmanic wrote:
    >Krisztian Pinter writes:
    >
    >> did anyone in this world see this very rare fenomena? do we have a
    >> single pair of strings with the same md5 hash?

    >I've never heard of this ever occurring. It is theoretically possible
    >(indeed, it is inevitable if you have more than 2^128 strings to hash),

    2^64

    birthday attack

  5. Re: two streams with same md5?

+ Reply to Thread