[News] New: PGP Desktop 8.0.3 - PGP

This is a discussion on [News] New: PGP Desktop 8.0.3 - PGP ; PGP CORPORATION ANNOUNCES RELEASE OF PGP® DESKTOP 8.0.3 Support for the latest Windows and Mac operating systems and popular email clients [Source: http://www.pgp.com/company/pr/2003/desktop8.0.3.html] PALO ALTO, CA, October 24, 2003 -- PGP Corporation, the recognized leader in secure messaging and information ...

  1. [News] New: PGP Desktop 8.0.3

    PGP CORPORATION ANNOUNCES RELEASE OF PGP® DESKTOP 8.0.3
    Support for the latest Windows and Mac operating systems
    and popular email clients
    [Source: http://www.pgp.com/company/pr/2003/desktop8.0.3.html]

    PALO ALTO, CA, October 24, 2003 -- PGP Corporation, the recognized leader
    in secure messaging and information storage, today announced the immediate
    availability of PGP Desktop 8.0.3. This version adds support for Microsoft
    Office 2003, including Outlook 2003 and Windows Server 2003; Novell
    GroupWise 6.5; and Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther).

    "Although technology changes increasingly quickly, PGP products keep
    pace," said Jon Callas, PGP Corporation's CTO and Chief Security Officer.
    "This release ensures customers continued access to the rich set of
    features in PGP Desktop products, including digital signatures to
    automatically detect email "spoofing," key management, and standards-based
    technology."

    The release is available free to all customers who have purchased PGP
    Desktop 8.0 products, including PGP Corporate Desktop, PGP Workgroup
    Desktop, and PGP Personal Desktop as well as earlier versions of PGP
    Enterprise, PGP Desktop, and PGP Personal. Licensed customers wishing to
    upgrade to PGP Desktop 8.0.3 may download the update from www.pgp.com.
    --
    J44xm

  2. Re: [News] New: PGP Desktop 8.0.3

    Now that 8.0.3 is out, and you can look at the new features, then you
    can sort of trust 8.0.2. Never be first on your block to get the new
    version of anything. My 2 cents.

    > PGP CORPORATION ANNOUNCES RELEASE OF PGP® DESKTOP 8.0.3
    > Support for the latest Windows and Mac operating systems
    > and popular email clients
    > [Source: http://www.pgp.com/company/pr/2003/desktop8.0.3.html]
    >
    > PALO ALTO, CA, October 24, 2003 -- PGP Corporation, the

    recognized leader
    > in secure messaging and information storage, today announced the

    immediate
    > availability of PGP Desktop 8.0.3. This version adds support for

    Microsoft
    > Office 2003, including Outlook 2003 and Windows Server 2003;

    Novell
    > GroupWise 6.5; and Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther).
    >
    > "Although technology changes increasingly quickly, PGP products

    keep
    > pace," said Jon Callas, PGP Corporation's CTO and Chief Security

    Officer.
    > "This release ensures customers continued access to the rich set

    of
    > features in PGP Desktop products, including digital signatures to

    > automatically detect email "spoofing," key management, and

    standards-based
    > technology."
    >
    > The release is available free to all customers who have purchased

    PGP
    > Desktop 8.0 products, including PGP Corporate Desktop, PGP

    Workgroup
    > Desktop, and PGP Personal Desktop as well as earlier versions of

    PGP
    > Enterprise, PGP Desktop, and PGP Personal. Licensed customers

    wishing to
    > upgrade to PGP Desktop 8.0.3 may download the update from

    www.pgp.com.
    > --
    > J44xm

  3. Re: [News] New: PGP Desktop 8.0.3

    Anonymous Sender writes:

    > Now that 8.0.3 is out, and you can look at the new features, then you
    > can sort of trust 8.0.2. Never be first on your block to get the new
    > version of anything. My 2 cents.

    Agreed. Never upgrade unless you need to.

  4. Re: [News] New: PGP Desktop 8.0.3

    Mxsmanic wrote in message news:<2ftqpv0o5j20bbcq9bq24dn0l8coo7q083@4ax.com>...
    > Anonymous Sender writes:
    >
    > > Now that 8.0.3 is out, and you can look at the new features, then you
    > > can sort of trust 8.0.2. Never be first on your block to get the new
    > > version of anything. My 2 cents.

    > Agreed. Never upgrade unless you need to.

    IMO its a change, not an upgrade. One /changes/ software and upgrades hardware.

    -apm

  5. Re: [News] New: PGP Desktop 8.0.3

    apm writes:

    > IMO its a change, not an upgrade. One /changes/ software and upgrades hardware.

    The same precautions apply. Never fix what isn't broken.