Boneheaded PGPDisk question - PGP

This is a discussion on Boneheaded PGPDisk question - PGP ; After a recent upgrade I installed a new version of Win2K. Now the dumb part is I think I uninstalled the old PGP version (I can't remember which) expecting the new version to be able to read the PGPDisk .pgd ...

  1. Boneheaded PGPDisk question

    After a recent upgrade I installed a new version of Win2K. Now the dumb
    part is I think I uninstalled the old PGP version (I can't remember which)
    expecting the new version to be able to read the PGPDisk .pgd files.

    Now either a conversion has occurred, or something strange has happened as I
    get the following when trying to open a PGP disk file:

    PGP 6.0.2i reports:

    "This PGPdisk was created with an earlier version of PGPdisk and may not be
    secure. Do you wish to convert the PGPdisk to the newer format? This may take
    several minutes, and if you choose "No", you will not be able to modify files
    contained in the PGPdisk."

    I tried NO initally and got this:

    This PGPdisk could not be mounted because this file does not appear to be a
    valid PGPdisk (70)

    Answering YES to a conversion returns the same result.

    My question is, how do I identify what version this PGPdisk volume is. PGP
    6.0.2i recognises it as a PGPdisk volume as it has the .pgd extension but
    beyond that doesn't seem able to work with it.

    Next, how do I recover or convert this PGPdisk to something useable. I
    actually have 3 PGPdisk volumes and don't relish the idea of losing data.

    --
    ________________________________

    "We're in the pipe... 5 by 5..."

    shades2 (Perth, WA)